Zoiko192

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring Sedan CVT 1.5
Country flag
given the little information found on the web and the potential that these buttons have, I have made this guide for those who want more information on these buttons. In the future I will update and discuss the wiring of the buttons and how they work, as well as how to add more OEM style buttons and connect them correctly
PDF Google Drive: https://bit.ly/3GxKoxe

Honda Civic 10th gen GUIDE Civic Switch Instrument Panel Information VSA Blank Buttons IMG_7210
Honda Civic 10th gen GUIDE Civic Switch Instrument Panel Information VSA Blank Buttons useful.PNG

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Handy information!
Thanks,
I'd like to move my 'brake hold' switch. I keep accidently switching it on because I've shortened my shifter.

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any progress on this? I found the OEM connectors for the VSA switch (35300-TBA-A21), its Sumitomo P/N 6098-4978. I have 5 sitting, ready to be used. This is only for the 4-pin variant. However, I would like to have my own (if possible) illuminated logo on the switch itself. Right now I am using a crappy Cricut vinyl decal with two layers, and I can tell it wont last a long time.

OP
OP
Zoiko192

Zoiko192

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring Sedan CVT 1.5
Country flag
Any progress on this? I found the OEM connectors for the VSA switch (35300-TBA-A21), its Sumitomo P/N 6098-4978. I have 5 sitting, ready to be used. This is only for the 4-pin variant. However, I would like to have my own (if possible) illuminated logo on the switch itself. Right now I am using a crappy Cricut vinyl decal with two layers, and I can tell it wont last a long time.
You could look for one that resembles what you are looking for somewhere on Aliexpress like these, or you could contact the Chinese manufacturer and ask them for a custom one

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has anyone ever figured out which wire asserts switch dimming when headlights come on, @Zoiko192 @mrburgerUS ? Picture below is from the guide (looks like one of the units that has two different switches, top and bottom), does this jog your memory at all @Doc_Mello ?

Honda Civic 10th gen GUIDE Civic Switch Instrument Panel Information VSA Blank Buttons Screenshot 2023-12-17 3.22.47 PM

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone ever figured out which wire asserts switch dimming when headlights come on, @Zoiko192 @mrburgerUS ? Picture below is from the guide (looks like one of the units that has two different switches, top and bottom), does this jog your memory at all @Doc_Mello ?

Screenshot 2023-12-17 3.22.47 PM.png
Sry, jog my memory for what? I don’t recall ever using this switch. Anywho, looks to me like:
BLACK = ground
WHITE/YELLOW = 12V in
GREEN= 12V out
RED = tie into instrumentation illumination circuit for switch illumination/dimming

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sry, jog my memory for what? I don’t recall ever using this switch. Anywho, looks to me like:
BLACK = ground
WHITE/YELLOW = 12V in
GREEN= 12V out
RED = tie into instrumentation illumination circuit for switch illumination/dimming
Got it, yeah there was a different thread where you mentioned there might be a gray wire behind this VSA switch panel that could be used for aftermarket gauge pod dimming in lieu of running to the headlight.

But yes, based on this I may probe the voltage on the red wire with/without headlights on to see if it does what I need...

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got it, yeah there was a different thread where you mentioned there might be a gray wire behind this VSA switch panel that could be used for aftermarket gauge pod dimming in lieu of running to the headlight.

But yes, based on this I may probe the voltage on the red wire with/without headlights on to see if it does what I need...
Ah, right, I was wondering if that’s to what you were referring.

So, right, I’d attached the RED wires of that switch into the grey wire of the VSA (test the grey wire with a MM).

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any updates to this thread?
Sponsored