2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

HBK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport M6 WOP
That HID kit comes with a relay harness. It includes the relay in that harness. No splicing wires or relay installation is needed other than just connecting the harness. It will come with instructions on how to connect the harness to your existing wiring. You will only need to connect the positive and ground wire that are on the harness via a bolt. The most difficult thing about this installation would be choosing a location to mount the ballasts.

Many HID installation guides exist to show you where to connect the positive and negative as well as ballast mounting locations:

http://www.civicx.com/search/98392988/?q=hid+ballast+location&o=date

EDIT: If you do end up buying this please post pics of the cutoff against something like a garage door.

OP
OP
cmatti2016

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There should be an install walkthrough in the DIY section. You probably don't even have to take off the bumper if you don't want to hide your ballasts behind it. I think someone mounted their's along the metal inside the bay. Everything plugs right in and you just have to connect the wire's to positive and ground on the relay harness.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with Xenon depot extreme hid with 35w 6500k bulbs and love them. They are almost perfectly matched to the DRL's, and they are almost always on sale for around $100. I used this thread to install them. http://www.civicx.com/threads/hid-kit-installed-pics-mounting-locations.9290/
Very easy to follow and they look great. No need to splice or anything hard like that they just hook up to your oem plugins and that thread shows where to attach the power and ground wires.

OP
OP
cmatti2016

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know if there is a video showing the install of the Morimoto Kit on 10gen Civic Sedan?
Thanks for the info. I have a few more questions. Would I need the canbus relay, and do I get the h11a or b?

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would I need the canbus relay, and do I get the h11a or b?
I know your not asking me but if you have the option of h11a or b get the h11b also no canbus.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They say H11B for modern japanese manufacturer vehicles and canbus only on euro cars as they don't like aftermarket parts.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
I'm running "55w" (as advertised on amazon) plug n play kit both in my low beams and my high beams (edit: I meant fog lights, my high beams are LED). There is no claim of canbus compatibility. No need for relay or any additional setup. Basically, all I did was take out the OEM halogen bulb, put in the HID bulb, connect the supplied wires to the ballast, and the supplied harness to the OEM plug, and that's it. I mounted my ballasts in the following picture circled in blue. Here's the link to my exact kit. I haven't had any issues except that the bulbs started getting dim after about 6 months of use, but I had an extra set of bulbs laying around, replaced the bulbs, and its as good as new.
Honda Civic 10th gen GTR Lighting HID Kit 2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring-engine-1_LI
Sponsored

Last edited: