Watch this first.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are the most expensive but also have the highest output of any of the LED options. You are paying almost twice as much as the 2nd best. They won't have the kind of throw you will get from HID bulbs but they will be bright. For the cost you could just retrofit a HID projector into your stock headlight and have better output overall. A bit of a PITA but it's your money.

Last edited:

jerost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan Lunar Silver
Country flag
Hi, anyone who have this on their projector headlights? I couldn't find a similar thread about this brand. I know it is a bit pricy but is it worth the price and its quality and performance?

https://gtrlighting.com/gtr-lighting-gen-3-ultra-series-led-headlight-bulbs-h8-h9-h11/
Hi, anyone who have this on their projector headlights? I couldn't find a similar thread about this brand. I know it is a bit pricy but is it worth the price and its quality and performance?

https://gtrlighting.com/gtr-lighting-gen-3-ultra-series-led-headlight-bulbs-h8-h9-h11/
FYI, I tried OPT7 Fluxbeam X H11's in my 2017 LX headlights for 2 weeks and couldn't get used to them. Nice splash of white light right in front of car but no distance and no light on sides of road either. I took them out and put the stock halogen bulbs back. It's a relief to have them back in and now they don't seem so weak! I may buy one of the Philips stronger halogen upgrade bulbs ($30-40) but that's all I'm going to do. The OPT7's were $110 and not worth it for me. They'll go back for a refund.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic - Putco LED directional signals, Putco H11 - NitroLUX low beams
Country flag
FYI, I tried OPT7 Fluxbeam X H11's in my 2017 LX headlights for 2 weeks and couldn't get used to them. Nice splash of white light right in front of car but no distance and no light on sides of road either. I took them out and put the stock halogen bulbs back. It's a relief to have them back in and now they don't seem so weak! I may buy one of the Philips stronger halogen upgrade bulbs ($30-40) but that's all I'm going to do. The OPT7's were $110 and not worth it for me. They'll go back for a refund.
Im going to do you a favor. Check out the Katana H11 for low beams and the Nineo II's for high beams. $100.00 total price. Best light output ive found! I've purchased high end from TRS and Xenon Depot, tried Morimoto Elite HID, and Xenon Depot, and Putco brand LED's and spent a lot more than this. Save your money and try this out. If you are not satisfied, get a GTR lighting or Xenon Depot HID kid and never look back. Check out the images below. These are only the low beams. NO FOG lights.
Honda Civic 10th gen GTR Lighting GEN 3 LED Headlight Bulbs 20191201_181556

Honda Civic 10th gen GTR Lighting GEN 3 LED Headlight Bulbs Screenshot_20191231-145221_Video Player

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I agree with WhiteLightFreak. I have the Katana H11's for lows, and the Nineo II's 9005/Hb3 for high beams.
Great combo for about $100 on Amazon. Really like the Nineo II's output on unlit back roads with a high critter population. I like lighting up deer eyes from WAY out there. I had to clock the Nineo's, but the Katanas were perfect right out of the box. Easy to see how they align in the reflector mounts.

jerost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wound up modifying H9's to fit and they are terrific, for about $15 a pair. Honda should have used H9's in this car.

ELIAS64

First Name
ELIAS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I upgraded my hatchback’s Low bean & Fog Halogens to the GTR Lighting Gen3 LEDs. This is the before and after.

Honda Civic 10th gen GTR Lighting GEN 3 LED Headlight Bulbs 9391C541-BF9E-41FE-8435-FE74FB792469

Honda Civic 10th gen GTR Lighting GEN 3 LED Headlight Bulbs 3B36FEC7-ED64-4380-B52D-91FA8DA4C82F

jerost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I have a 17 'LX and solved the weak headlight issue by replacing the stock H11 bulbs with H9's. You need to modify the H9's but it's not that hard to do - there's info online about it. H9's are 65W vs. 55W for H11's and it makes a huge difference. The H9's only last couple of years but they are inexpensive compared with LED's. I had tried two brands of LED's and, as others have noted, they throw a nice splash maybe 20-30 feet in front of the car but no throw beyond that and no lighting on the side of the road.
Sponsored