First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
Guys...

So let's see, I warm the car up the first few miles in Map 1. When the car reaches normal operating temps, I switch to Map 3 while moving on the fly. That takes about 3 seconds. I don't really see that as a hassle, unless your definition of hassle is different than mine. :cool:
I run Map 3 full time. Why would I want this extra step in my life to drive the car? I use self control to bring the car to temps (sounds familiar?). :p

It's a great tune, but Phearable could make tune order an option at time of purchase. I should poke them again about this.
Sponsored

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
So after a month of contemplating which tune to use I ended up purchase the Phearable.net Ktuner Stage 1.5 Tune 2016+ Honda Civic NON-SI 1.5L Turbo!

Cant wait to see the difference between the Ktuner base maps compared to this!
...... great to hear 1st impressions, contemplating change.... I am a Ktuner starter map user with a custom psi map with everything set to high and it does
well on the lower 2/3 power band burst with get up and go....in D good, in S excellent off the line
How does the Phearable setup compare to what you have used in the past with your routine day to day, off the line, rolling 45-60 highway traffic pull…. sounds like noticeably more refined compared to your former tune...any thoughts to throw in?

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
...... great to hear 1st impressions, contemplating change.... I am a Ktuner starter map user with a custom psi map with everything set to high and it does
well on the lower 2/3 power band burst with get up and go....in D good, in S excellent off the line
How does the Phearable setup compare to what you have used in the past with your routine day to day, off the line, rolling 45-60 highway traffic pull…. sounds like noticeably more refined compared to your former tune...any thoughts to throw in?
I will let you know how it goes when I get the tune and upload it. I also have been running a Ktuner starter map with a custom psi map with everything set up fairly aggressive. I will let you know the difference once I run it!

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This post has lots of good info that you are looking for as well.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/phearable-1-5-si-review.60895/

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't posted in the thread for a while. I took my car out for a spirited drive today. This tune never lets me down. It got me out of some tight spots in heavy traffic with some lag free power and proved time after time the be smooth as silk throughout. Even though I was pushing it I still saw 30 mpg for the drive. Yesterday on my easy driving commute, I saw 45.5 mpg (Map 1).

Here's hoping we see an update to this tune that adds the artificial knock control rise removal.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Haven't posted in the thread for a while. I took my car out for a spirited drive today. This tune never lets me down. It got me out of some tight spots in heavy traffic with some lag free power and proved time after time the be smooth as silk throughout. Even though I was pushing it I still saw 30 mpg for the drive. Yesterday on my easy driving commute, I saw 45.5 mpg (Map 1).

Here's hoping we see an update to this tune that adds the artificial knock control rise removal.
Triple Digit 30mpg Gang. :headbang:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Triple Digit 30mpg Gang. :headbang:
It is crazy. I was definitely pushing it around town and did a couple blasts up around triple digits on the highway. And still 30 mpg? And that included one notoriously long stoplight (4+ minutes). I love this tune and I love my 10th gen.

Reactions: Myx

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
It is crazy. I was definitely pushing it around town and did a couple blasts up around triple digits on the highway. And still 30 mpg? And that included one notoriously long stoplight (4+ minutes). I love this tune and I love my 10th gen.
I've found myself doing daily, morning 100's and often double-take when i see 30mpg. :headbang:

Sketchling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Which map are you running nowadays? Did you bump up the turbo responsiveness?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which map are you running nowadays? Did you bump up the turbo responsiveness?
I switch between maps 1, 2 and 3. The Phearable tune comes set at the highest turbo responsiveness so I didn't touch (reduce) it.

Sketchling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I switch between maps 1, 2 and 3. The Phearable tune comes set at the highest turbo responsiveness so I didn't touch (reduce) it.
Oh nice! I have the CVT, and I read here that Phearable is set up to not put too much power in the low end. But I'm wondering, how does Phearable's low end compare with stock? Is it pretty much similar? Or is there still a noticeable difference?

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh nice! I have the CVT, and I read here that Phearable is set up to not put too much power in the low end. But I'm wondering, how does Phearable's low end compare with stock? Is it pretty much similar? Or is there still a noticeable difference?
I run map 1 90% of the time and map 2 when I want an extra boost. I have a CVT and stage 1 is better then stock.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Totally different animal. Much more fun than stock.

You're probably getting mixed up with people saying the Phearable tune is less potent down low than an aggressive Ktuner starter, which is true. The 1.5 tune is a really excellent tune overall and super smooth.

Last edited:

Sketchling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally different animal. Much more fun than stock.

You're probably getting mixed up with people saying the Phearable tune is less potent down low than an aggressive Ktuner starter, which is true. The 1.5 tune is a really excellent overall and super smooth.
Great, thanks for clarifying. Yeah I was getting the impression from some posts that it's just not that great down low. But what you say makes sense!
Sponsored