Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just added 0.75 gallon of ethanol to my tank phearable 1.5 tuned si. I would try 0.5 to see if that helps you. Reminder tho you can’t add 0.5 every time you fill up. Your mixture will eventually creep in content and probably cause an issue. So I only plan on doing this when I have lower fuel amount for refills. But it really worked even on map 3
As I mentioned earlier, my area is devoid of stations selling E85, unfortunately.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick update after using this a few more weeks.. This tune is just plain excellent. Power delivery is crazy smooth.

The only "minus" is the fact the artificial knock removal feature came out after this tune was created. Can't blame that on John though. If it ever got that feature... perfection.

It's my favorite tune yet. And the one to get.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I just got the phearable on my stock ex-t and man. That thing pulls like a freight train. Even the map1 low psi setting is still faster than stock.

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
I may have to try out this Phearable shelf tune. Sounds promising. Thanks for the thorough reviews, gtman.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the phearable on my stock ex-t and man. That thing pulls like a freight train. Even the map1 low psi setting is still faster than stock.
See here's the thing. Even though the stock tune peaks at 16.1 psi, you'd rarely actually see it. Only in perfect conditions and in a narrow band at around 5500 rpm. Phearable Map 1's 15 psi is available through a much wider part of the powerband. It feels totally different and you get a smoother, more powerful pull.

Check this out. Here's the stock tune. See how there's a very slow buildup of boost until it finally and only hits the 16.1 psi peak at 5500 rpm?

Honda Civic 10th gen gtman's Phearable 1.5 non-Si versus TSP 1 non-Si review stock

For comparison, I made a 15 psi KTuner starter map. Obviously Phearable is somewhat different but this gives you the gist. See how quickly power builds and how wide that 15 psi band is?

Honda Civic 10th gen gtman's Phearable 1.5 non-Si versus TSP 1 non-Si review 15 psi

Last edited:

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does Phearable have an e35 stage 2 comparable to TSP 2 e35 flex fuel tune for si? If not, is an e35 e tune something john is intimately familiar with? Thanks @phearable

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Does Phearable have an e35 stage 2 comparable to TSP 2 e35 flex fuel tune for si? If not, is an e35 e tune something john is intimately familiar with? Thanks @phearable
Yes we do :)

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T EX Hatch
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi, I’m running a bone stock EX and about to commit to my first ots tune. After reading this thread and a lot others I’m probably going to go with phearable 1.5 non si tune. The only thing I wanna make sure is map 3 is safe for my CVT trans for daily driving. From what I’m reading I’m getting mixed reviews. I mostly cruise but sometimes I like to go 65-80% on the throttle just to feel my car’s power. I know when I have everything installed I’m probably gonna wanna rip it more than usual..

This is legit my first time tuning a car or even considering mods so please forgive me if I sound like a noob ?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Hi, I’m running a bone stock EX and about to commit to my first ots tune. After reading this thread and a lot others I’m probably going to go with phearable 1.5 non si tune. The only thing I wanna make sure is map 3 is safe for my CVT trans for daily driving. From what I’m reading I’m getting mixed reviews. I mostly cruise but sometimes I like to go 65-80% on the throttle just to feel my car’s power. I know when I have everything installed I’m probably gonna wanna rip it more than usual..

This is legit my first time tuning a car or even considering mods so please forgive me if I sound like a noob ?
Yes, it is safe. We torture tested a cvt just to be sure :)

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Can't take it anymore. My interest has finally peaked to the point where I just have to try this. Ordering the phearable 1.5 very shortly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

John has done a terrific job protecting the CVT and at the same time giving you a bat out of hell pull up top. A Map 3 WOT pull on the highway is incredible. 60 mph to triple digits comes up pretty damn fast.

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T EX Hatch
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
John has done a terrific job protecting the CVT and at the same time giving you a bat out of hell pull up top. A Map 3 WOT pull on the highway is incredible. 60 mph to triple digits comes up pretty damn fast.
Thanks for your input @gtman and thank you for all your research on the cvt trans I learned a lot about my car just by reading your post. Will update how the car feels after a week or two of driving ?
Sponsored