GTA - Looking to test drive a CTR

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
Does anyone know of a dealership that will allow test drives from serious prospects in the GTA or Mississauga/Oakville? New or used. I have test driven a current SI but hear that the R is a different experience.
Sponsored

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cant speak for your area but if you check other dealerships where they have been traded in for another make or model you might be more successful with a test drive on a used one at a non-honda dealer

fycfyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Just book it with any dealerships that is selling a pre-owned one, they will let you test drive just like any other car.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The car comes stock with summer tires even in Canada so I doubt even with a test drive, you'll be able to experience the car since the weather is still crap

I live around that area so if you can't find anyone, hit me up - I can let you test drive it but nothing crazy lol

OP
OP

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
The car comes stock with summer tires even in Canada so I doubt even with a test drive, you'll be able to experience the car since the weather is still crap

I live around that area so if you can't find anyone, hit me up - I can let you test drive it but nothing crazy lol
Thanks a lot for the offer, I’ll keep that in mind. Not looking to thrash the car, but to get a sense of whether it drives “smaller” than it is dimensionally. (I currently have a similar-sized 2020 Corolla rental for a few days, and while the ride is nice it drives too “big” for me by some margin.)

As far as the summer tires go, hopefully not a long wait, 9 degrees predicted for this Sunday!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the offer, I’ll keep that in mind. Not looking to thrash the car, but to get a sense of whether it drives “smaller” than it is dimensionally. (I currently have a similar-sized 2020 Corolla rental for a few days, and while the ride is nice it drives too “big” for me by some margin.)

As far as the summer tires go, hopefully not a long wait, 9 degrees predicted for this Sunday!
Car definitely feels big when you sit in and drive but throwing it around, it feels like a go cart

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If they have one in stock maybe Markham Honda? I know when I was car shopping I inquired about the type r and they let me test drive it. They knew I was a serious buyer because I was asking all sorts of questions and even had them run the numbers for me. Which after some serious thinking I unfortunately didnt buy it. Insurance was too much per month. So I bought the Si as a compromise. Still a very fun car but maybe in a few years I will look at trading it in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If they have one in stock maybe Markham Honda? I know when I was car shopping I inquired about the type r and they let me test drive it. They knew I was a serious buyer because I was asking all sorts of questions and even had them run the numbers for me. Which after some serious thinking I unfortunately didnt buy it. Insurance was too much per month. So I bought the Si as a compromise. Still a very fun car but maybe in a few years I will look at trading it in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How much was insurance? I've been quoted the exact same insurance for my regular hatchback 6MT, Si & TypeR

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How much was insurance? I've been quoted the exact same insurance for my regular hatchback 6MT, Si & TypeR
4 different insurance companies and a broker quoted between 282-340 a month. That and the car payment made things really tight financially. My Si I am only paying 100 a month

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
4 different insurance companies and a broker quoted between 282-340 a month. That and the car payment made things really tight financially. My Si I am only paying 100 a month
Weird, my car insurance for the type r is $200 a month with 2 tickets, would of been $100 without the tickets

Si and Hatchback were the same price.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Weird, my car insurance for the type r is $200 a month with 2 tickets, would of been $100 without the tickets

Si and Hatchback were the same price.
I'm jealous of that price. I wish it was that cheap. I would have bought the type r

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm jealous of that price. I wish it was that cheap. I would have bought the type r
Well back when I lived around GTA it was $420 a month lol! Sucks cuz I'm moving back to Sauga area again so I'll be back to pay $400 a month
Sponsored