First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To each their own agree. Me myself can’t justify spending over 1k on an intake that will give me same power as the oem box with high flow filter.
yeah, that is tough. I like the HKS and thought about it...but then decided, maybe that's a bit much, lol...ended up with my little AEM intake...paid about 300 bucks for sound :D
Sponsored

maaaaark

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 type R
Country flag
To each their own agree. Me myself can’t justify spending over 1k on an intake that will give me same power as the oem box with high flow filter.
i understand where your coming from . The only reason why i got it is i believe in the R and D from a company that has been making intakes for nearly a 2 decades now . Hopefully it lives up to the name, will let you know.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i understand where your coming from . The only reason why i got it is i believe in the R and D from a company that has been making intakes for nearly a 2 decades now . Hopefully it lives up to the name, will let you know.
I hope, Im glad you like it. I like it too but Im after another brand.
yeah, that is tough. I like the HKS and thought about it...but then decided, maybe that's a bit much, lol...ended up with my little AEM intake...paid about 300 bucks for sound :D
Buy it if you like it bro.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Unless your buying it because you want your engine bay to look fancy an have the cash to blow it’s pointless. I like shit that works an is proven to work. No intake will do anything until someone can get rid of the earth dreams pipe that goes over top of the turbo so you guys are just wasting your money unless you want sound. K&N drop in is what I have an that’s good enough til someone make an intake that sits on the left side of the engine bay. I know there’s no room but even an intake that isn’t long with a smaller filter which isn’t ideal is better than than the aluminum factory Honda pipe over top of the turbo. Unless your paying for sound which I would do but wouldn’t spend over 200-300 for an intake. Companies like PRL knows what there doing they don’t design something that doesn’t work... hence there basic intake that works to smooth the air over the factory ribbed intake pipe. That’s basically all you can do until the intake is put on the other side

maaaaark

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 type R
Country flag
Unless your buying it because you want your engine bay to look fancy an have the cash to blow it’s pointless. I like shit that works an is proven to work. No intake will do anything until someone can get rid of the earth dreams pipe that goes over top of the turbo so you guys are just wasting your money unless you want sound. K&N drop in is what I have an that’s good enough til someone make an intake that sits on the left side of the engine bay. I know there’s no room but even an intake that isn’t long with a smaller filter which isn’t ideal is better than than the aluminum factory Honda pipe over top of the turbo. Unless your paying for sound which I would do but wouldn’t spend over 200-300 for an intake. Companies like PRL knows what there doing they don’t design something that doesn’t work... hence there basic intake that works to smooth the air over the factory ribbed intake pipe. That’s basically all you can do until the intake is put on the other side
i know the money does not justify the intake. heck , i wish they didnt make it carbon fiber to save a bit of money.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i know the money does not justify the intake. heck , i wish they didnt make it carbon fiber to save a bit of money.
It being carbon fiber isn’t a big deal... shit CF hoods aren’t that much anymore. I understand the molds cost money to design. It’s not costing them that much to make. Nobody makes anything today unless there making money at least the smart companies that understand business don’t. I think companies are starting to realize that people today aren’t just going to blow money on something that doesn’t work people want proof

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I pay 10 percent over cost at my Honda dealer because I worked for the same chain of dealers before. I still know some of the people in parts at my Honda dealer. the upgraded shift knob for example they sell. I can get for half the price someone else would pay for it. These companies can’t stay in business unless there at least doubling there money it’s just business. How things work today.

OP
OP
Tim818

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
each to their own i guess. I am willing to pay especially from a renowned jdm intake maker . btw gruppeM makes the intake for blitz thats why they look exactly the same. But blitz will only be selling the intake in japan and not overseas
What about their tri tip exhaust they’re supposed to release in March? Are they only selling it in Japan?

Flame me if you want, first time I laid eyes on a GruppeM intake was back when an FA5 owner bought and installed it on his car and I just fell in love with how the way it looked, told myself one day I will own a GruppeM intake and that day finally came.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More power to u if u have the money an want to spend it on a 1500 dollar intake. I have the money to buy one also just chose not to...

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Turboshawn thanks for the extremely funny but accurate post on the forum. These are the kind of comments i enjoying reading and have been sayin from the get go. PRL intake tube and K&N filter was the only product i can justified buying for a intake upgrade on this car right now. Being i grew up on turbo cars and raced Mitsus for years i know better than to buy this shit. They did this when Evos came out and now with the Type R to see what people will buy. People who have raced and built turbo cars would be laughing at paying these prices for a intake or in this case a carbon fiber box.

Last edited:

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
Eventuri actually posted the gains on their intake.
I've not seen any dynos for the gruppeM intake.
Also interesting how the cold air opening at the top as per factory and Eventuri is blocked off and they are taking the cold air feed in the LHS wing.
But the issue is heat build up n soak on the inlet tube. Anyone ceramic coated this to prevent this heat transfer from the turbo in addition to the lava jackets?
Bang for buck that would 'make sense' wouldn't it??

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
gruppem always makes intakes with exorbitant duct work thats like their thing. i kinda question how effective it will work using only rubber seals to fit everything together as a sealed unit vs the others who are basically one big sealed box.
plus how effective is that duct going to the fender there.
i questioned this intake in facebook and all the nut swingers came out lol. i got stupid things like only the best drivers in the world use gruppem.
Sponsored