Ground clearance?

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've read some reviews that say it's .7" lower than the previous gen, others that say 1". Does anyone know the exact ground clearance? My wife wants an SUV for our next car. If I can convince her that the new Civic isn't too low I might be able to get away with slapping some snow tires on it.
Sponsored

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I looked but couldn't find the exact figure, just that it is lower. Maybe the new owner can help with a quick measure ;)

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I don't know the number but when I parked the EX-T I test drove last night it cleared the parking bumper just fine. It is lower but didn't appear to be that much by parking the 15 and 16 side by side

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I've read some reviews that say it's .7" lower than the previous gen, others that say 1". Does anyone know the exact ground clearance? My wife wants an SUV for our next car. If I can convince her that the new Civic isn't too low I might be able to get away with slapping some snow tires on it.
You're in my area. I've been able to get away with snow tires for years. Blizzards aren't so common here and plus the car is FWD so that helps.
Sponsored