Grocery bag sound under the car

Smellycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
I'm not sure if I even was close to WOT when this occurred, but it sounded like a brown paper bag or even a plastic bag just kinda got caught under and started fluttering for a second.
Sounded like the cvt slipping but I am the last person to even evaluate this.

anyone?

btw, i drive my car like I stole it, 9500 miles, willing to be the first dude to say 'my cvt broke guys'

how much is a cvt replacement anyway?
would it be cheaper to just get a 6mt instead since you need to replace it? lol

1.5t btw, 100% stock
just ordered hondata tho due to the fluttering, read it may be normal and nothing we can do about it, so played it safe and got hondata instead of waiting around for v2. not looking to produce much power other than get the most bang for my buck out of this awesome car.
Sponsored

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
I drive mine the same. I live in the mountains and love to be WOT up and around the hills. 30k miles so far and this car is abused. I've not heard anything like that before. I don't have anything to really say, just good luck with whatever happens. Looking to get a hondata too once the warranty is over.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had something similar, I wouldn't describe it as a bag though, mine sounded more like a piece of cardboard or plastic flapping and hitting the floor. Since my last oil change it hasn't re-occurred so my guess would be a loose push pin on all that underbody shielding that got pushed all the way back in/reinstalled properly this time.

OP
OP

Smellycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
I've had something similar, I wouldn't describe it as a bag though, mine sounded more like a piece of cardboard or plastic flapping and hitting the floor. Since my last oil change it hasn't re-occurred so my guess would be a loose push pin on all that underbody shielding that got pushed all the way back in/reinstalled properly this time.

yo, you just described it perfectly

i'll keep updates, i'm doing hondata soon, so running it hard, it'll happen again - maybe.
Sponsored