Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
looking for opinions on the following products

- Griot’s Paint Sealant and Best of Show Wax
- Chemical Guys Jet-seal and Butter Wet Wax
- Adam’s Polish Paint Sealant and Buttery Wax

Does putting a Carnauba Wax over a paint sealant still provide the deep dark wet look even if it has the paint sealant below it?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
From my understanding, you always do the sealant first, THEN the wax so you can continue to reapply the wax as it wears off and still have the sealant underneath. But in answer to your question, as long as you use quality products like mentioned in your post, you will have that 'wet' look when done properly. They key is making sure your paint is as clean as possible beforehand (claying, polishing, removing any defects, etc).

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Sealant needs to be applied first as it will not bond to the wax if you wax first.

Also, check out the newer "ceramic" based coatings. Maybe 75$usd up front and some intense install, but 2-5 year protection that looks great with or without wax on top

NWA CivicSi

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
In order to apply ceramic coating, you need a good machine polish or paint correction. Any scratches or swirls will be amplified with a ceramic coating.

1. Wash
2. Clay Bar
3. Hand Polish or machine polish(if needed)
4. Paint Sealant (6 months) or Ceramic Coating(2 years)
5. Carnuba Wax or Adam's Ceramic Wax if you have a ceramic coating.

I use Adam's and that is all I've used on my 2017 SI. It is pricier than most, but the application of polishes and waxes is so smooth. The smell of all the product is also pleasing. My tire shine has a banana scent and I have a detail spray that smells like chocolate mint. It brings out the joy in keeping your baby clean.

Honda Civic 10th gen Griot’s vs Chemical Guys vs Adam’s IMG_20180506_132103_350

Honda Civic 10th gen Griot’s vs Chemical Guys vs Adam’s 20180506_125501

Honda Civic 10th gen Griot’s vs Chemical Guys vs Adam’s Screenshot_20180708-170017_Gallery

OP
OP
babinjm

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
In order to apply ceramic coating, you need a good machine polish or paint correction. Any scratches or swirls will be amplified with a ceramic coating.

1. Wash
2. Clay Bar
3. Hand Polish or machine polish(if needed)
4. Paint Sealant (6 months) or Ceramic Coating(2 years)
5. Carnuba Wax or Adam's Ceramic Wax if you have a ceramic coating.

I use Adam's and that is all I've used on my 2017 SI. It is pricier than most, but the application of polishes and waxes is so smooth. The smell of all the product is also pleasing. My tire shine has a banana scent and I have a detail spray that smells like chocolate mint. It brings out the joy in keeping your baby clean.

IMG_20180506_132103_350.jpg

20180506_125501.jpg

Screenshot_20180708-170017_Gallery.jpg
Thanks looks damn good.

NWA CivicSi

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks looks damn good.
Thanks. You don't get as much credit with the white paint, but I use the same stuff on my wife's car and she constantly gets compliments from friends and coworkers. Adam's is the best. I believe they have a 4th of July mystery bucket promo right now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Griot’s vs Chemical Guys vs Adam’s Screenshot_20180708-173242_Gallery

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
you never use polish on a new car.It's abrasive, it's unnecessary and it grinds the clear coat off. And car wax IS "sealant". There's no difference. And there is no such thing as "glaze". All of this is marketing bullshit designed to make you spend your money on products that don't actually accomplish anything.

NWA CivicSi

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
you never use polish on a new car.It's abrasive, it's unnecessary and it grinds the clear coat off. And car wax IS "sealant". There's no difference. And there is no such thing as "glaze". All of this is marketing bullshit designed to make you spend your money on products that don't actually accomplish anything.
I disagree on not polishing new cars and a lot of professional detailers would agree with me. Believe it or not cars are bought with swirls that are caused by poor detailing from the dealers. If you take a brand new car to get a ceramic coating they'll more than likely polish the car. Instead of a 3 step machine polish they may only do a 1 step low abrasion polish or they'll do a hand polish.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I don't know if I would spend much time responding to @David Harper posts.... Just look at his little mission statement.

"I drink to make other people more interesting
wars are started by old men and then young men die in them
and no, the sedan doesn't look as good"

Screams that he is someone that is hard to get along with. :crazy:
Sponsored