Grinding sound Front Brakes

scarfa21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Got stuck in my driveway today with all the snow we got, finally got car out and now when I hit the brakes I hear a grinding sound coming from the front. Car has 20k on it so im not sure if the pads can be worn out already. Only happens at the end of braking, meaning when I first apply pressure I dont hear anything, only when almost at a full stop. Could something of come loose? I haven't had time to look under it, but im concerned being a new car.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got stuck in my driveway today with all the snow we got, finally got car out and now when I hit the brakes I hear a grinding sound coming from the front. Car has 20k on it so im not sure if the pads can be worn out already. Only happens at the end of braking, meaning when I first apply pressure I dont hear anything, only when almost at a full stop. Could something of come loose? I haven't had time to look under it, but im concerned being a new car.
I'd check for a rock or some other debris between the pad and the rotor. (don't forget to check both sides)

OP
OP

scarfa21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I'd check for a rock or some other debris between the pad and the rotor. (don't forget to check both sides)
Looked under car. Looks like skidplate came off and it' hanging. These hard to replace? I'l know more once on a lift.

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Looked under car. Looks like skidplate came off and it' hanging. These hard to replace? I'l know more once on a lift.
Glad to hear it's not a brake problem.

If you are referring to the metal skid plate there are two phillips head screws on the front and a total of 6 quarter turn flat head fasteners that hold it on. It comes on and off within 60 seconds but you are likely missing fasteners if it's hanging.

OP
OP

scarfa21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Glad to hear it's not a brake problem.

If you are referring to the metal skid plate there are two phillips head screws on the front and a total of 6 quarter turn flat head fasteners that hold it on. It comes on and off within 60 seconds but you are likely missing fasteners if it's hanging.
Yup all bent up lol will have to massage it back. Thanks

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
I’m also having this weird metallic scraping sound from the front left side of my27 hatchback sport. Only gave about 17k miles. It happens at low speeds when braking, but only if I’ve driven the car for at least 30min. Please help

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I’m also having this weird metallic scraping sound from the front left side of my27 hatchback sport. Only gave about 17k miles. It happens at low speeds when braking, but only if I’ve driven the car for at least 30min. Please help
Check for debris around the pads, rotors, and dust shield.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Alright will do. But wouldn’t it make that noise regardless of how long you’ve driven? It only happens when I drive 30 min or longer
Sponsored