Grinding or rattling noise upon start up

Dcalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I just picked up 2016 civic turbo. I have had it for 2 weeks and it makes a grinding or rattling noise for few seconds after it starts. I'm supper pissed I took to the dealership and they said they can't here it. If I new this car did that I wouldn't have bought it. If any one knows what the problem is please let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
I just picked up 2016 civic turbo. I have had it for 2 weeks and it makes a grinding or rattling noise for few seconds after it starts. I'm supper pissed I took to the dealership and they said they can't here it. If I new this car did that I wouldn't have bought it. If any one knows what the problem is please let me know. Thanks.
I think this issue's been covered extensively and the consensus is that it relates to the turbo and probably of no consequence.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the grinding and the rattling are two different issues. Grinding on start up is due to the VTC actuator and everyone is waiting for a fix, most likely isn't something that causes any type of failure, just not something you like to hear on a brand new car. rattling is completely normal for a direct injection, it will get quieter as the engine warms up.

Rikee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX 2012 - Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I had the exact same issue with mine. Went to the dealer for the rattling and was told it would fix itself after the first oil change. Did the oil change one week ago with mobile1 0w20 and no rattling since then. The grinding is still there when starting the car hot. Dealer could not replicate apparently.
Sponsored