Grill cutting, opposed to ebay replacement?

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
Yeah I actually already do have a stencil made but I don’t have a steady enough hand to trust myself to do it.

my friend will probably end up doing it for me though.

have you had time to cut up your stock grill like evasive. i'm interested also if your buddy does a good job. i stay in LA also
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
have you had time to cut up your stock grill like evasive. i'm interested also if your buddy does a good job. i stay in LA also
Nah i didn't end up doing it. I actually just ordered a '20 grill instead.
Just been very busy and the grille stuff kept getting put off to the side and the 2020 information came out with the revised grille so i just went for that instead.

Jhongsnow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Country flag
Just been very busy and the grille stuff kept getting put off to the side and the 2020 information came out with the revised grille so i just went for that instead.
You have a link on where you got it from?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
That looks quite good, how's that hood scoop deal in the rain? Or is that something you try to avoid?
I don't mind the rain getting in there but we have very little rain here in NM. (Less than 12in a year!)
I may seal the coils with some gasket maker in the future.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Cutting out the front vents and removing the under tray seem like it would add a lot of drag and lift. The front vents are blocked off from the radiator too.
It blows on the intercooler piping as well. I don't feel any difference at 140mph but drag and lift would be tough to "feel".

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make sure you ordered the trim ring with the 20' vents There is a trim ring required for installation.

The 17-19 open vents looks way better than the 20 fake vents. I almost went 20' myself, I know at least one person on here removing their 20 vents to return to the open vent look of their 17 for cooling as as well as the more aggressive and pleasing look.
Sponsored