1.5T GReddy Supreme SP vs. Invidia Gemini R400 (Sport Hatchback)

Which exhaust?

• GReddy Supreme SP

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Invidia Gemini R400

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Invidia Q300 / Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Shopping for a catback (front-pipe-back lol?) exhaust for my sport touring hatch. I think I've narrowed it down between the GReddy Supreme SP ($880 CAD) and the Invidia Gemini R400 ($1030 CAD). I don't mind the looks of either, and the price difference is negligible to me. I also saw the Invidia Q300 ($1020 CAD) but have heard it's too quiet and don't love the tri-tip design for my Fake R(tm)

Currently have the stock FP/DP. Will probably upgrade to PRL combo later, most likely catted DP due to smell and noise, I commute a fair bit and often have passengers. Level of drone at highway speeds is important to me.

Owners of either exhaust, please chime in!
Sponsored

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
I vote for magnaflow, i hate the balls look of the greddy and having three exhaust tips is to much going on so no invidia. I'd go magnaflow, hks, 27won

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I vote for magnaflow, i hate the balls look of the greddy and having three exhaust tips is to much going on so no invidia. I'd go magnaflow, hks, 27won
The Greddy doesn't have the "Balls" look on the hatchback like it does on the Si. It looks pretty close to stock. And the Invidia R400 is a dual tip on the sport hatch. I'd like 27Won but it's way more expensive than the other two once you ship to Canada and covert to CAD.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
yeah i glossed over that part my bad, but i never understood why people start polls over parts going on their own car. Especially with exhausts because everyone's taste is different, as long as you like who cares right?

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yeah i glossed over that part my bad, but i never understood why people start polls over parts going on their own car. Especially with exhausts because everyone's taste is different, as long as you like who cares right?
Yep makes sense, I'm more using the poll to find out how many people have each exhaust and assuming they like it if they bother to vote :p I'm still trying to hear both in person, because sound clips are so tough to judge by.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
. This is my choice for you then haha, best of luck.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Greddy doesn't have the "Balls" look on the hatchback like it does on the Si. It looks pretty close to stock. And the Invidia R400 is a dual tip on the sport hatch. I'd like 27Won but it's way more expensive than the other two once you ship to Canada and covert to CAD.
Our unit does fall on the high end compared to the other brands you mentioned but it also has more features and offers more than all the other brands. It's a system actually tuned for the L15. Seeing as you intend to upgrade to full turbo back in the future and you have a high priority on not having drone I think ours is worth the consideration despite the price. It will give you everything on one nice package. No drone, all 3x pieces that work and fit together, a sound designed for the L15 and GDI engines, full stainless pipe, hardware, and gasket for those harsh CA winters and the best looking tips around. I know I am a bit bias here but it seems like it will fit your needs.

If you got any questions feel free to ask.

Oh and you don't have to wait months to get it, all in stock.

Cheers

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey man im in the same boat. considering the greddy / r400 for the same reasons you mentioned. right now i have a muffler delete and the drone is not tooo bad but its not great. a lot of drone around 3.5k rpm and some hum around 2k rpm. the invidia r400 looks really nice but im worried its going to sound the same as my muffler delete and still drone.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Our unit does fall on the high end compared to the other brands you mentioned but it also has more features and offers more than all the other brands. It's a system actually tuned for the L15. Seeing as you intend to upgrade to full turbo back in the future and you have a high priority on not having drone I think ours is worth the consideration despite the price. It will give you everything on one nice package. No drone, all 3x pieces that work and fit together, a sound designed for the L15 and GDI engines, full stainless pipe, hardware, and gasket for those harsh CA winters and the best looking tips around. I know I am a bit bias here but it seems like it will fit your needs.

If you got any questions feel free to ask.

Oh and you don't have to wait months to get it, all in stock.

Cheers
You may have convinced me Vincent...I've been looking more at the exhaust today and am kind of enamored with it.

Can you tell me a bit more how it compares soundwise to the GReddy and other big names at cruise, medium throttle, and WOT? I've pulled sound clips obviously but there's no standard way to record them so it's hard to compare.

Considering the international shipping is what makes this tougher, I'm debating whether to save longer and just pull the trigger on a full turbo back at one time. I'm assuming there's not much point in getting the FP without the DP right? Do you know of people being able to avoid CELs with the catted DP?

Cheers

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may have convinced me Vincent...I've been looking more at the exhaust today and am kind of enamored with it.

Can you tell me a bit more how it compares soundwise to the GReddy and other big names at cruise, medium throttle, and WOT? I've pulled sound clips obviously but there's no standard way to record them so it's hard to compare.

Considering the international shipping is what makes this tougher, I'm debating whether to save longer and just pull the trigger on a full turbo back at one time. I'm assuming there's not much point in getting the FP without the DP right? Do you know of people being able to avoid CELs with the catted DP?

Cheers
We have a couple of videos with sounds on our YouTube channel that you can check out here. In regards to cruising and medium throttle, I believe it to be the best. We spent a lot of time honing in on those big drone spots and do our best to make them as small as possible. We just did a 28-hour drive round trip at the beginning of the month with our full catless setup. It's an exhaust that you can still have a full normal conversation with someone up front and not have to raise your voice. A little noiser in the rear seats but that is expected as it is closer to the exit.

If I where you I would just wait to pull the trigger on the full downpipe for 3 reasons. 1) you can bundle it all together and save some $$$. 2) It will all ship in one big box and again would be cheaper than multiple shipments, and 3) you just have to install it all at once and not crawl under the car more than you have to.

As for the CEL we have seen it be 50/50 with the catted down-pipe. The only way at this time to fully guarantee it stays off is with a tuning device.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We have a couple of videos with sounds on our YouTube channel that you can check out here. In regards to cruising and medium throttle, I believe it to be the best. We spent a lot of time honing in on those big drone spots and do our best to make them as small as possible. We just did a 28-hour drive round trip at the beginning of the month with our full catless setup. It's an exhaust that you can still have a full normal conversation with someone up front and not have to raise your voice. A little noiser in the rear seats but that is expected as it is closer to the exit.

If I where you I would just wait to pull the trigger on the full downpipe for 3 reasons. 1) you can bundle it all together and save some $$$. 2) It will all ship in one big box and again would be cheaper than multiple shipments, and 3) you just have to install it all at once and not crawl under the car more than you have to.

As for the CEL we have seen it be 50/50 with the catted down-pipe. The only way at this time to fully guarantee it stays off is with a tuning device.
Thanks again! One last set of questions, from what I can tell there are minimal performance differences between the catted and catless DP. How much louder is the full turbo-back when catless? If there's a good chance of throwing a CEL either way, why would one pick a catless vs catted DP?...for race applications only, of course :)

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks again! One last set of questions, from what I can tell there are minimal performance differences between the catted and catless DP. How much louder is the full turbo-back when catless? If there's a good chance of throwing a CEL either way, why would one pick a catless vs catted DP?...for race applications only, of course :)
I run the full catless set up on my personal SI do we can get the most power out of it, but as you mentioned the difference is pretty small in performance. pretty negligible.
The sound wise I would say the catted is a bit tamer and if you want to lower volume a bit more that is the easy way to do it but don't expect it like to be dramatic.

The biggest difference I would say comes in the exhaust smell. Granted you will not smell anything in the car but if you are standing behind it then the catless lets out more of the raw fuel smell. so if you don't want that go catted.

So if you have concerns with either emission, fuel smell, or being to loud go catted.
if none of the above three concern you then go catless

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I was going for the 27WON setup, but its way to expensive when converted to CAD.
I recently installed PRL catless dp/fp and might go with greddy to keep it full 3" all the way through. Stock exhaust is still quiet, but the engine sounds more throaty (P.S.Catless smell isn't as bad as everyone claims) For the individa tri-tip design, in my opition doesn't look all too well. If you wanted that look, I'd say try to retro-fit a stock Type-R exhaust.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I was going for the 27WON setup, but its way to expensive when converted to CAD.
I recently installed PRL catless dp/fp and might go with greddy to keep it full 3" all the way through. Stock exhaust is still quiet, but the engine sounds more throaty (P.S.Catless smell isn't as bad as everyone claims) For the individa tri-tip design, in my opition doesn't look all too well. If you wanted that look, I'd say try to retro-fit a stock Type-R exhaust.
I ended up just pulling the trigger on the full 27WON turbo-back....oops :D
Sponsored