Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
Country flag
Good day folks, Just a quick post looking for opinions!

I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 2018 HB Sport. I am between the Greddy and the REMARK. Originally, I was really interested in the BORLA, but unfortunately, the pipe diameter is not wide enough:doh: Greddy and REMARK are both advertised with the same pipe diameter but from what I've heard, the REMARK exhaust is louder but I'm certain more people have the Greddy.

So I'm asking, for those that own either of the exhausts let me know what your experience has been:
How does it sound?
Weight? (if you know it)
Does the muffler drag? (I'm looking to lower my car and the REMARK muffler especially appears to hang really low)
Any pops or crackles?

Also, This is probably going to be the dumbest question you've read today but, Where exactly does the exhaust connect at. They are both Cat-Back exhaust, but I would like clarification on where the cat ends. My latest mod was a PRL FP+DP. I'm wondering if the exhaust connects to the front pipe or the downpipe. Just curious if I could have ordered just the DP and had the exhaust take care of the rest?

Preciate y'all, Happy new year
Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I own the Greddy supreme sp for the si with catless downpipe & front pipe combo
How does it sound? In my opinion its louder than most but still not crazy annoying loud like straight piped civics
Weight? (if you know it) not too sure
Does the muffler drag? (I'm looking to lower my car and the REMARK muffler especially appears to hang really low) The previous owner had the car on sport line springs (1.9 inch drop) he told me he was scraping so he got the muffler hangers re welded higher. Now I only scrape a little on really steep driveways currently on pro kit springs
Any pops or crackles? It burbles at low rpms and you sometimes get a pop when shifting if you’re pushing it hard

The exhaust hooks up to the front pipe
Turbo-Downpipe-Front Pipe-Exhaust

OP
OP
fk7Yoshi

fk7Yoshi

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I own the Greddy supreme sp for the si with catless downpipe & front pipe combo
How does it sound? In my opinion its louder than most but still not crazy annoying loud like straight piped civics
Weight? (if you know it) not too sure
Does the muffler drag? (I'm looking to lower my car and the REMARK muffler especially appears to hang really low) The previous owner had the car on sport line springs (1.9 inch drop) he told me he was scraping so he got the muffler hangers re welded higher. Now I only scrape a little on really steep driveways currently on pro kit springs
Any pops or crackles? It burbles at low rpms and you sometimes get a pop when shifting if you’re pushing it hard

The exhaust hooks up to the front pipe
Turbo-Downpipe-Front Pipe-Exhaust
I appreciate it!

I'm getting ready to install the sports lines this weekend, so as soon as I get the exhaust on, I'm going to get the muffler hanger rewelded. I'll be running a 3inch pipe all the way through! Looking forward to this mod a lot more now, thanks to your information!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the Greddy. Tone was great right away. BUT! After about 2500rpm it really died down.

Once I got Afe catted downpipe, the sound was MUCH better. Now when I step on it, it sounds ANGRY! I think most catted down pipes sound similar.

My point is, without the downpipe, you will not notice much. It will sound deeper, but not much louder. It also is kind of hollow if that makes sense.

Once you do the downpipe, it really opens the sound up! I love the tone now, I think it is perfect. It is not super loud though, some days I wish it was a bit louder. But then when a cop gets behind me and I'm glad I can keep it down.

I've been meaning to get a good sound clip the past few days, I'll try and remember to post it here when I get it recorded.

OP
OP
fk7Yoshi

fk7Yoshi

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the Greddy. Tone was great right away. BUT! After about 2500rpm it really died down.

Once I got Afe catted downpipe, the sound was MUCH better. Now when I step on it, it sounds ANGRY! I think most catted down pipes sound similar.

My point is, without the downpipe, you will not notice much. It will sound deeper, but not much louder. It also is kind of hollow if that makes sense.

Once you do the downpipe, it really opens the sound up! I love the tone now, I think it is perfect. It is not super loud though, some days I wish it was a bit louder. But then when a cop gets behind me and I'm glad I can keep it down.

I've been meaning to get a good sound clip the past few days, I'll try and remember to post it here when I get it recorded.
looking forward to hearing it!

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
So this is more of an educational question but why do you say the Borla piping isn't wide enough? I know it's definitely not the widest diameter out there. I was looking at getting the Greddy or an Invidia with 3 inch diameter and a co-worker of mine said going too wide would blow my engine, not enough back pressure. So I ended up going with the Borla

OP
OP
fk7Yoshi

fk7Yoshi

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So this is more of an educational question but why do you say the Borla piping isn't wide enough? I know it's definitely not the widest diameter out there. I was looking at getting the Greddy or an Invidia with 3 inch diameter and a co-worker of mine said going too wide would blow my engine, not enough back pressure. So I ended up going with the Borla
Basically, I had the chance to get a Veloster N this summer, but I instead elected to mod my Civic. I know my HB will probably never be as fast as an N, but I have no regrets so far. I will however regret it if I'm not able to replicate some semblance of the Velosters exhaust note.

I was originally drawn to the Borla for the sound. It sounds the best of any aftermarket exhaust for the HB sport, regardless of price IMO. But for once, I did my research thoroughly and found that the cracks and pops I'm looking for from my exhaust would be best aided by a 3" pipe. The borla is a 2.25 I believe, although it sounds great, I'm hoping my FP+DP will be able to account for that sound with a different exhaust. Even if not, the full 3 inch setup will still be beneficial for the turbocharger from my understanding.

I'm not educated enough to argue your coworkers back pressure comment, however, it is food for thought that I'm getting ready to look up now. (Engineering explained lol)

I did just see your thread and check out, your YT vids, god willing I can get that sound from an SP or REMARK exhaust. Sounds clean for sure.

KingDough

First Name
stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport 2019
Country flag
Did you ever decide on what exhaust you went with? I current am running PRL Catted Downpipe/Frontpipe and my Remark exhaust is coming some time this week. Hoping to install it ASAP. I just wanted to know how it would sound like!

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda RF 2021 Toyota Supra GR 3.0
Country flag
I bought the GReddy DDR for my SI, and it was way louder than expected. It crackles when you let off the throttle. I'm happy with the purchase.

Kento.fk7

First Name
Kenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback
Did you ever decide on what exhaust you went with? I current am running PRL Catted Downpipe/Frontpipe and my Remark exhaust is coming some time this week. Hoping to install it ASAP. I just wanted to know how it would sound like!
How does the remark exhaust sound?
Sponsored