tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m looking at purchasing either of these exhausts and I’m having a hard time choosing which one to get cause sound videos all sound the same lol.

I wouldn’t say drone is a huge problem to me, I just want something that gives off a nice deep and kinda loud tone. But either way, how do both of these exhaust compare to each other in regards to drone/loudness? Does the DDR come with a resonator?

Appreciate any help
Sponsored

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
The hks is super quiet and the greddy ddr is loud/mean.I would go greddy for what you want but they both don't come with the front pipe so it was a deal breaker for me.I went with the invidia r400 its 999 with the front pipe full 3inch.

OP
OP
tylerdelacruz

tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The hks is super quiet and the greddy ddr is loud/mean.I would go greddy for what you want but they both don't come with the front pipe so it was a deal breaker for me.I went with the invidia r400 its 999 with the front pipe full 3inch.
Thanks for the info, I’m gonna stay stock front pipe for now so that doesn’t really matter much to me at the moment. It’s weird, some places I’ve read people say the hks is loud even with stock fp/dp

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I’m gonna stay stock front pipe for now so that doesn’t really matter much to me at the moment. It’s weird, some places I’ve read people say the hks is loud even with stock fp/dp
The HKS is super quiet, the Spec L is the louder one and even that one is rather quiet with a stock downpipe. If you want loud the Greddy DDR is what you want, it also sounds super mean with a downpipe but gets quite loud.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The HKS is super quiet, the Spec L is the louder one and even that one is rather quiet with a stock downpipe. If you want loud the Greddy DDR is what you want, it also sounds super mean with a downpipe but gets quite loud.
I would have guessed the HKS Legamax would have been louder than the Spec L since it has larger diameter piping. Granted the DD-R will be louder than both.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love my Spec L. Check it for you to consider. I heard of Spec-L 2 with interchangeable tips

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would have guessed the HKS Legamax would have been louder than the Spec L since it has larger diameter piping. Granted the DD-R will be louder than both.
The Legamax has bigger mufflers though, they are pretty close but the Spec L is pretty tame without a downpipe. Without a downpipe I think a lot of the exhaust for the FK8 sound very similar.

OP
OP
tylerdelacruz

tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The Legamax has bigger mufflers though, they are pretty close but the Spec L is pretty tame without a downpipe. Without a downpipe I think a lot of the exhaust for the FK8 sound very similar.
Would you say the ddr with stock downpipe is about as loud as the legamax with an aftermarket downpipe?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would you say the ddr with stock downpipe is about as loud as the legamax with an aftermarket downpipe?
The DDR is borderline a straight pipe, it is louder than both with a downpipe but the downpipe makes a huge difference I don't think it is as loud as (HKS+catless DP). Expect more drone than the HKS. Just listen to the videos of the exhaust with a good pair of headphones I personally think it is a good representation of how they sound after watching videos and having heard them in person. I personally love the DDR, a few of my friends have it and it makes me really want one. It is surprisingly quieter than my AFE Power exhaust and the perfect loudness that I want.

OP
OP
tylerdelacruz

tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The DDR is borderline a straight pipe, it is louder than both with a downpipe but the downpipe makes a huge difference I don't think it is as loud as (HKS+catless DP). Expect more drone than the HKS. Just listen to the videos of the exhaust with a good pair of headphones I personally think it is a good representation of how they sound after watching videos and having heard them in person. I personally love the DDR, a few of my friends have it and it makes me really want one. It is surprisingly quieter than my AFE Power exhaust and the perfect loudness that I want.
Ok cool, I’ll probably go with a DDR then. Being that this is my first aftermarket exhaust I hope I don’t get too annoyed with the drone lol

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Ok cool, I’ll probably go with a DDR then. Being that this is my first aftermarket exhaust I hope I don’t get too annoyed with the drone lol
From what I’ve read on here, the DD-R is probably the one exhaust Greddy makes for the FK8 that doesn’t drone. Make sure you get the FK8 specific one though as that has an additional resonator in it to tame the drone.

OP
OP
tylerdelacruz

tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
From what I’ve read on here, the DD-R is probably the one exhaust Greddy makes for the FK8 that doesn’t drone. Make sure you get the FK8 specific one though as that has an additional resonator in it to tame the drone.
Thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored