Greddy catback fitted. But high iat's

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Finally managed to fit the Greddy sp catback on my civic sport. First of all the drone between 2-3k on the motorway is deafening but once it hits 3k it sounds f*cking awesome! Im running the prl catted fp/dp so its helped open up some more mid-top end gains but my iats have gone from 20degrees to about 35degrees so im needing some advice on what could be causing this? My intake is the prl green cotton on stock airbox so maybe this needs upgrade? If anyone has this set up i would love to hear your opinions guys

Cheers!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally managed to fit the Greddy sp catback on my civic sport. First of all the drone between 2-3k on the motorway is deafening but once it hits 3k it sounds f*cking awesome! Im running the prl catted fp/dp so its helped open up some more mid-top end gains but my iats have gone from 20degrees to about 35degrees so im needing some advice on what could be causing this? My intake is the prl green cotton on stock airbox so maybe this needs upgrade? If anyone has this set up i would love to hear your opinions guys

Cheers!
The catback should not have any impact on IATs. If possible, be sure to use heat shields with your aftermarket downpipe. Upgrading to a cold air style intake is the best thing you can do for IATs. PRL's "Cobra" cold air intake is the crowd favorite. It sources cool air outside of the engine bay, unlike many other aftermarket options.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
The catback should not have any impact on IATs. If possible, be sure to use heat shields with your aftermarket downpipe. Upgrading to a cold air style intake is the best thing you can do for IATs. PRL's "Cobra" cold air intake is the crowd favorite. It sources cool air outside of the engine bay, unlike many other aftermarket options.
I had my tuners check my logs and he said my knock count was very high low down and says the stock intake could be restticting performance or its the quality of fuel i was using. So i filled my tank with a 99ron fuel and he says knock count was alot better, but he still adjusted fueling and timing to maintain count and few more logs later it seems to have cured it. I think the drone at 2-3k in 6th on the motorway is just how the exhaust is set up. I did however notice that the centre pipe has a 2" flanged hole where it connects to my prl fronpipe but then the remainder of the greddy piping is 3" so theres a slight restriction in the system still. Maybe this causes the drone?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I had my tuners check my logs and he said my knock count was very high low down and says the stock intake could be restticting performance or its the quality of fuel i was using. So i filled my tank with a 99ron fuel and he says knock count was alot better, but he still adjusted fueling and timing to maintain count and few more logs later it seems to have cured it. I think the drone at 2-3k in 6th on the motorway is just how the exhaust is set up. I did however notice that the centre pipe has a 2" flanged hole where it connects to my prl fronpipe but then the remainder of the greddy piping is 3" so theres a slight restriction in the system still. Maybe this causes the drone?
You have an after market dp/fp drone is going to be given even if you have a catted dp. If you want drone to be gone you need to either add your cats back on the car or add a resonator. A tube bottle up won’t cause drone, it’s droning because the car has a free flowing cat and because of the Catback exhaust mufflers not being as restrictive as the stock muffler
Sponsored

Last edited: