Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I had an Ultra Racing one piece bar on my last car and it rocked. I was going to buy one for my Civic but the cost with shipping WAS $220. Too much.

Now they are offering free shipping and with code "civicx" you get 20% off making it only around $150 shipped. That's a great deal for a powder coated steel bar!

https://www.ultraracing-usa.com/honda-civic-fc-2016-2017-front-strut-2-points/
Honda Civic 10th gen Great deal on an Ultra Racing strut bar Photo Sep 15, 1 47 30 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Here you go...

https://www.ultraracing-usa.com/product/honda/civic/civic-fk7-hatch-2017/

I had a number of their bars/braces on my last car (a Forte SX). They really are nice quality for the dollars. Here's the strut tower bar on my car:

Honda Civic 10th gen Great deal on an Ultra Racing strut bar dscf1239-

This is as good a place as any to talk about the differences between what a strut bar does and what a bigger rear sway does. I hear a lot of misinformation on this.

If you like to drive on back roads and go through the curves faster, a rear sway is a better bet. Just don't go too big or at the limit you'll induce oversteer which a lot of people aren't used to controlling. For a corner carver, the rear sway is the best single upgrade.

I know a lot of people say "a front strut bar doesn't do anything but add bling". Well that's 100% not true at all. It's just that it does something completely different then a sway bar. It doesn't reduce body roll, for example. What a front strut bar does is tighten up the front end. The car feel more solid through bumps and ruts in the road. It also makes a BIG difference on the highway when you need to switch lanes quickly. Or in emergency avoidance situations. The car feels more secure and less "wobbly".

For the best of both worlds, upgrade the rear sway, get a front strut bar and of course better tires and that's a good basic suspension update for a daily driver. Now if you plan on racing, then you can talk about springs and camber and all that.

Last edited:

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now they are offering free shipping and with code "civicx" you get 20% off making it only around $150 shipped
With the code I'm seeing $50.00 off making the total of $200. How did you get it for around $150?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With the code I'm seeing $50.00 off making the total of $200. How did you get it for around $150?
List is 188. Less the 20 percent. Free shipping.

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
List is 188. Less the 20 percent. Free shipping.
I guess they jacked up list price as it's $250.04 right now. That sucks but I'm happy you got it before they did that haha.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what product you're looking at but it will be $150 with the 20% code and free shipping.

Honda Civic 10th gen Great deal on an Ultra Racing strut bar Capture.GIF

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what product you're looking at but it will be $150 with the 20% code and free shipping.

Capture.GIF
Thanks for the screenshot. Totally my bad, I'm from Canada and didn't realize my pricing was in CAD. Thanks very much for the link.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
Tempting it is. I got quoted 162 US AMERICAN DOLLARS
broski, this one-piece STB is jawsome, how do you think I feel, with my LX and it's 16 wheels and tires, 215-55-16s, this is more than right up my alley. Is STB and SB one in the same?

EDIT: If this LX wasn't so damn fun to drive ALREADY and ANYWAYS, i would be on this like white on yellow rice.

Last edited:

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
My guess would be you're probably better off getting some summer tires first if you enjoy your car's handling.

I have just that right now and I'm very happy with my hatch, as is, as a daily. I would like to get rid of some roll but its not like thats terrible either.

To me the front strut bar would be something Id do after tires, rear sway, & getting in extra negative camber. Its also a fairly low risk part given the low cost and ease of install. Ive never really felt any difference in past installing an upper front bar, driving wise, but ive always appreciated how it looks cool.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on how you drive your car. For my commuter highway battles, strut bar is perfect. Better, more stable fast lane changes.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman You have the Sirimoto bar right now? I was gonna get that one but I saw the rubbing issues for the 2.0 and the issue with the washers.

This bar is still a good deal. I might go after this one instead.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
With my car stock, there is more noticeable roll during harder cornering, and changing directions from left to right or vice versa. I notice that a lot during canyon driving. On the highway Im pretty happy with the car's stability, but I never corner as hard on the freeway as I do on the canyon. I try to be responsible sometimes.

I just ordered this bar last night. After this discount it was hard to resist. Prob going to put in on, after I install the ctr rear sway & camber parts.

If I can feel a difference, great, but if not, will be cool to dress up the engine bay a bit (may just spraypaint it flat black). I will report if I notice any difference in the way the car drives.
Sponsored

Last edited: