GR Corolla announced - 300 hp, front/rear LSDs, carbon fiber roof, triple exhaust

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dead link. Interesting though!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
This and the 11th gen R are getting very tasty! I would expect the corolla to be at least 40k mrsp to start and the upper level trim with the carbon fiber roof to be 45k.

BTW, the corolla looks way better IMO than the GR yaris but thats probably due to the dimensions being a 4 door.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will be funny if it's base price is near or lower than the original MSRP on the R when it came out. There goes R sales.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Looks way better and special compared to the new accord type r.
definitely this is the better choice imo.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
This and the 11th gen R are getting very tasty! I would expect the corolla to be at least 40k mrsp to start and the upper level trim with the carbon fiber roof to be 45k.

BTW, the corolla looks way better IMO than the GR yaris but thats probably due to the dimensions being a 4 door.
I'd guess the Core GRC will start around 33k. Maybe another 2k for the performance package to get the LSDs, which, IMO is a must. Wouldn't be surprised if the Circuit Edition is like 45k, but I think it includes all of the packages you can get w/ the Core, plus the carbon fiber roof and vented hood.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The GRC looks wonderful, but for me personally, the fuel economy is going to be the toughest sacrifice, similar to the CTR. I believe the GR Yaris gets around 27 mpg combined, so this will likely be a bit less. Being able to get low 30s combined and 40+ highway in my Si has really spoiled me.

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I hope the Launch Edition hood is available later on. Great name, pekingduck lol.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
looks like I'm adding this to my collection as long as mark-up isn't 10K over

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport hatch 2021 Mustang HPP/HP
Country flag
RIP CTR...looks like Toyota is about to eat your lunch for all but the most fervent of fan boy's.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Jeez, and people complain about how many fake vents are on the Civic, the front end of that thing is nothing but one huge vent, and the hood vents look straight out of a JC Whitney catalog. Too each their own, but that Corolla is fugly as hell in my book.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Jeez, and people complain about how many fake vents are on the Civic, the front end of that thing is nothing but one huge vent, and the hood vents look straight out of a JC Whitney catalog. Too each their own, but that Corolla is fugly as hell in my book.
At least all the vents on the GRC are functional. And I don't think anyone ever confused hot hatches for being beautiful designs. They are all tarted up econo cars. Personally, I think the 11th gen R will have the best styling finding a nice balance between being aggressive without over the top elements. My favorite still is the STi hatch.
Sponsored