GPS UPDATE ISSUES

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Hey folks. I have a crazy situation I am now experiencing with my NAV system in my Touring. I updated the maps and was successful with the update. I use different methods for inputting an address. Sometimes I will just type it, other times if it is a favorite I will just choose that from the list. Many times, I use the voice function while on the move. Anyway, the usual procedure is just to double tap the voice button and then either say FIND ADDRESS or press the FIND ADDRESS BUTTON. Then I proceed to dictate the address I want to go to. Well, after this update, I can not dictate an address! I experimented with other choices (FIND PLACES, FIND CITY etc) and those allow me to dictate. However, when I want to dictate an address it won't allow me and the screen reverts back to the MAP (or previous screen). I can't figure it out so I am reaching out to you folks for any assistance you may be able to provide. Otherwise I will be mentioning it on my next visit to the dealer. Thanks!!
Sponsored

rickkonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan - Rallye Red
Hey folks. I have a crazy situation I am now experiencing with my NAV system in my Touring. I updated the maps and was successful with the update. I use different methods for inputting an address. Sometimes I will just type it, other times if it is a favorite I will just choose that from the list. Many times, I use the voice function while on the move. Anyway, the usual procedure is just to double tap the voice button and then either say FIND ADDRESS or press the FIND ADDRESS BUTTON. Then I proceed to dictate the address I want to go to. Well, after this update, I can not dictate an address! I experimented with other choices (FIND PLACES, FIND CITY etc) and those allow me to dictate. However, when I want to dictate an address it won't allow me and the screen reverts back to the MAP (or previous screen). I can't figure it out so I am reaching out to you folks for any assistance you may be able to provide. Otherwise I will be mentioning it on my next visit to the dealer. Thanks!!
How did you update the NAV system?

OP
OP
djasonw

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I employed the method in the owner's manual. Update was successful but voice commands are now not functioning. It's a known issue. I love google maps thru Android Auto. Probably won't even use Garmin anymore. The update still doesn't show roads in my area that have been built years ago.

rickkonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan - Rallye Red
I employed the method in the owner's manual. Update was successful but voice commands are now not functioning. It's a known issue. I love google maps thru Android Auto. Probably won't even use Garmin anymore. The update still doesn't show roads in my area that have been built years ago.
Thanks. May not be useful then.
Sponsored