GPS Traffic Suddenly Stopped Working?

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
the traffic update on the nav system was working fine until today (when there was a huge accident on the highway of all days and I was late by almost 30minutes)... normally i would constnatly get beeps about issues on my route but it was oddly quiet... then i didn't notice any of the traffic patterns on the gps... does it randomly cut out? or based on weather? it is a little muggy today.... I live in toronto and was travelling across the 401 through town.
Sponsored

OP
OP

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
update: worked on my way home... i wonder if starting up underground caused the traffic to not work. i will test again tomorrow. side note, it took forever to figure out how to add to the "saved" locations. i really hate the UI

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
update: worked on my way home... i wonder if starting up underground caused the traffic to not work. i will test again tomorrow. side note, it took forever to figure out how to add to the "saved" locations. i really hate the UI

Hopefully it gets back to normal. That sucks!

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

Just use Apple CarPlay or Android auto either of those is better than the Garmin

OP
OP

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
Just use Apple CarPlay or Android auto either of those is better than the Garmin
yes i agree... however google maps and waze are very dumbed down and waze sometimes doesn't even work. I turn it on and it doesn't move even though i hear voice directions. I have to turn my phone one.. fiddle with it and sometimes restart android auto or waze for it to work... terribly inconvenient.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
yes i agree... however google maps and waze are very dumbed down and waze sometimes doesn't even work. I turn it on and it doesn't move even though i hear voice directions. I have to turn my phone one.. fiddle with it and sometimes restart android auto or waze for it to work... terribly inconvenient.
Oh alright honestly I just use car play and it works good. I figured google was even better

OP
OP

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
update.. has been working since... wonder why it randomly cut out that one time :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Heybabou

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017 touring sedan
Country flag
Hi
I have the same issue here
Its been 2 weeks for me :/
I tried to rebot the system but it still didnt work

Keropi76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Traffic worked fine form me until an update on the garmin beginning of 2020 now nothing bugs the hell out of me
Sponsored