Got Screwed on a Set of Michelin Pilot A/S 3+. What should I get now?

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Si TW, 2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I was looking into AS3+s, but DWS06’s seem like a better deal. I’m also considering BF Goodrich’s G-Force Comp 2 A/S for their better price. I plan on mounting these on the stock 20”s and running summers on 18’s. Trying to hold out for Black Friday deals as it’s only gotten below 50’s here in the mornings on my way to work.
I was also debating between the Michelin AS3+ and the Continental DWS06 tires. I decided to go with the Conti's along with Motegi 19" wheels from Tire Rack. It's been 5 days since I installed the wheels/tires and I am very impressed with the ride quality, sound levels and handling. Also right now there's a $70 rebate on the Continental's at Tire Rack. I opted to go with 255/35 instead of 245/35 and the extra grip is noticeable when pushing hard from a stop - no more wheel spin between 1st to 2nd :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Got Screwed on a Set of Michelin Pilot A/S 3+. What should I get now? 20191108_142729
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I was looking into AS3+s, but DWS06’s seem like a better deal. I’m also considering BF Goodrich’s G-Force Comp 2 A/S for their better price. I plan on mounting these on the stock 20”s and running summers on 18’s. Trying to hold out for Black Friday deals as it’s only gotten below 50’s here in the mornings on my way to work.
When I was purchasing mine, the Michi were cheaper in 245/40/18 than the Conti, so I went with those. Haven’t given me issues yet, had the first snow storm today in the Chicagoland area, wasn’t too bad. Most of the streets are plowed pretty quickly.

JoJo21

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I hope my tires hold up. I put the 245/35/20 Michelin PS3 A/S on the OEM wheels a few weeks back. So far they are great.
I just had a flat with one of my new tires. Only 250 miles on them and no signs of any punctures. I took it back to discount tire and they found they didn't remove the bar code sticker when they mounted the tire, which caused a bad seal with the wheel. Well driving only a few miles to the tire shop under inflated apparently destroyed that new tire. Now I have a temporary tire while they order a new one. Frustrating to say the least. Glad they aren't giving me the run-around and are eating the cost.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
This is exactly the three tires I'm also deciding on to mount on the OE 20"s after the winter.. Which tire are you leaning more towards and what spec?

I've seen other posters here run 255/35R20 with no rubbing and while it does make the ride higher, speedo error etc, the pricing at that spec is also much cheaper (from where I look in Canada) compared to 245/35R20.

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag
This is exactly the three tires I'm also deciding on to mount on the OE 20"s after the winter.. Which tire are you leaning more towards and what spec?

I've seen other posters here run 255/35R20 with no rubbing and while it does make the ride higher, speedo error etc, the pricing at that spec is also much cheaper (from where I look in Canada) compared to 245/35R20.
I was leaning more towards the G-Forces in stock sizes (haven’t looked at 255’s), but being as I might be moving to New England by next summer I think it might be more beneficial to get a dedicated winter set up with performance snows.
Sponsored