danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I posted last week about how Ikon Motorsports had 30 lips in stock and I ended up purchasing one like an idiot and not doing my research. Well yesterday I get a notification from my bank that there was a purchase for $744 on the Steam game store. I believe it was them because someone on the Facebook group also seaid that someone from Ikon also stole their credit card number and used it to buy stuff with. Luckily I quickly contacted Steam and filed a complaint about unauthorized charges and they refunded me the $744 today. It's funny because I emailed them asking for an update about my lip and they replied and gave me a tracking number. I then emailed them about the unauthorized charge on my card and haven't heard anything back about that. Shady company and shady business practices. Lesson learned.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I posted last week about how Ikon Motorsports had 30 lips in stock and I ended up purchasing one like an idiot and not doing my research. Well yesterday I get a notification from my bank that there was a purchase for $744 on the Steam game store. I believe it was them because someone on the Facebook group also seaid that someone from Ikon also stole their credit card number and used it to buy stuff with. Luckily I quickly contacted Steam and filed a complaint about unauthorized charges and they refunded me the $744 today. It's funny because I emailed them asking for an update about my lip and they replied and gave me a tracking number. I then emailed them about the unauthorized charge on my card and haven't heard anything back about that. Shady company and shady business practices. Lesson learned.
Does the tracking number show the item shipped?

1slofk7

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I always try ebay for stuff like that. Ordered their visors but for $50 figured might as well get eBay protection in case they play around. Ended up coming in cracked but they gave me a partial refund.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean, you might be right, but I would wait until you have a little more proof before being sure. Are we sure it isnt being sent?
The lip looks like it has been sent. I entered the tracking number and it did work. I've just never had this happen to me before and right when I ordered from them this ends up happening. Plus the fact that another person had the same thing happen to him and the card he used was only ever used to make the purchase from Ikon.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I always try ebay for stuff like that. Ordered their visors but for $50 figured might as well get eBay protection in case they play around. Ended up coming in cracked but they gave me a partial refund.
Yea man thats why i love ebay because you always have the piece of mind with the protection. Unfortunately I was very impatient and there are no good lips on ebay or in stock anywhere else so I impulsively bought off of Ikon.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does the tracking number show the item shipped?
Yea it does. It says it was shipped yesterday and is now in transit. The other guy that told me that he got unauthorized charges on his account as well ended up getting his lip too.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yea it does. It says it was shipped yesterday and is now in transit. The other guy that told me that he got unauthorized charges on his account as well ended up getting his lip too.
Must be a shady employee then stealing card #s. I would cancel your card.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you think that you might be jumping the gun giving the entire company a black eye for what could be an isolated incident from some dumb sh*t employee? I think it's safe to say that we've all had our credit card info ripped off one way or another.

Don't mean to overstep my boundaries here but do you think that this could have happened with any vendor we buy from, especially when purchasing online?

I think them not answering could mean they're looking into it. If they had responded right back and said it wasn't them, then I'd be suspect. Whatever the case, I know how you feel and it sucks to get burned like that.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you think that you might be jumping the gun giving the entire company a black eye for what could be an isolated incident from some dumb sh*t employee? I think it's safe to say that we've all had our credit card info ripped off one way or another.

Don't mean to overstep my boundaries here but do you think that this could have happened with any vendor we buy from, especially when purchasing online?

I think them not answering could mean they're looking into it. If they had responded right back and said it wasn't them, then I'd be suspect. Whatever the case, I know how you feel and it sucks to get burned like that.
It's just kind of ironic that if you look at their reviews it's all 1 star. And then every comment I got about Ikon on Facebook was all negative and then the icing on the cake was someone else telling me the same exact thing happened to them. It's not a coincidence.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If they had 1 star then why did you buy from them to begin with?

The important thing is that you got your money back, especially that amount.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If they had 1 star then why did you buy from them to begin with?
Because I didn't realize that until after I purchased it and looked at their reviews
Sponsored