Got my first Si

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI , 2017 VW Jetta Se 1.4 TSI
Country flag
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself after joining the forum. Names Dee, just bought a 2019 Si coupe. Im new to the car modding world but have had it on my bucket list since seeing the first Fast n Furious while in highschool. Hoping to gain some insight on what options are out there. I sell cars for a living so id be glad to provide insight for anyone that is currently in the market for any car. Cheers :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Got my first Si C71718A5-0870-465D-BDC3-45007F344652
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DealersChoice34
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice Si, very pretty. My advice for your first mods is Hondata base tune, intake, and lowering springs.
Thank you kindly! I've done some preliminary googling and it seems to be more complicated then whats out there for VW. Seems to be easy to find a simple flash (apr, unitronic). I've seen things for Hondata but i dont understand if someone has to manually set the parameters of the tune? Or if there is something pre-set straight from Hondata. Like stage 1, 2 etc.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself after joining the forum. Names Dee, just bought a 2019 Si coupe. Im new to the car modding world but have had it on my bucket list since seeing the first Fast n Furious while in highschool. Hoping to gain some insight on what options are out there. I sell cars for a living so id be glad to provide insight for anyone that is currently in the market for an Si. Cheers :)

C71718A5-0870-465D-BDC3-45007F344652.jpeg

Fuck yeah... Another sexy Si. I see nothing but regular Civics. But another Si on the road brings a smile to my face Dee.

When you sell Civics that dont offer spare tires (Us models) im referring too. Dont blow smoke up peoples asses like my dealer did....

"Spacious huge trunk. So big you can fit a elephant in it."

*fast forward too the day after owning the car* NO fucking spare tire!!!!!! Wtf! Wanted to put my salesmen into a dirt nap. I mean theres even a spare tire kit available!

OP
OP
DealersChoice34
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fuck yeah... Another sexy Si. I see nothing but regular Civics. But another Si on the road brings a smile to my face Dee.

When you sell Civics that dont offer spare tires (Us models) im referring too. Dont blow smoke up peoples asses like my dealer did....

"Spacious huge trunk. So big you can fit a elephant in it."

*fast forward too the day after owning the car* NO fucking spare tire!!!!!! Wtf! Wanted to put my salesmen into a dirt nap. I mean theres even a spare tire kit available!

I don't sell Hondas but I can relate. Its not a fun experience buying a car most of the time. Not until its over lol

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Thank you kindly! I've done some preliminary googling and it seems to be more complicated then whats out there for VW. Seems to be easy to find a simple flash (apr, unitronic). I've seen things for Hondata but i dont understand if someone has to manually set the parameters of the tune? Or if there is something pre-set straight from Hondata. Like stage 1, 2 etc.
The base tunes are already pre-set in the software. There are 2 base maps: +6 and +9. These add 6 and 9 lbs of additional boost from the turbo. If you get a Hondata, my advise is use the +6 base map. The +9 will cause your clutch to slip pretty bad and wear it down quick.

Also, you can have your Si dyno tuned on with the Hondata if you can find a reputable tuner in your area.

OP
OP
DealersChoice34
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The base tunes are already pre-set in the software. There are 2 base maps: +6 and +9. These add 6 and 9 lbs of additional boost from the turbo. If you get a Hondata, my advise is use the +6 base map. The +9 will cause your clutch to slip pretty bad and wear it down quick.

Also, you can have your Si dyno tuned on with the Hondata if you can find a reputable tuner in your area.

Does it effect any other systems? Air Fuel ratios, throttle response, eliminate rev hang? Yes id agree. From what little i do know i would prefer to not go anything to drastic that would effect reliability. A modest increase in power with the tune, intake etc would be ideal!

Last edited:

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
There is an option to increase throttle response and eliminate rev hang. Not sure about the air/fuel ratios.

The +6 is the best/most reliable map to go with, along with the option to remove the rev hang. The increased throttle response also makes a big difference in acceleration.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congrats tons of info on here about Ktuner, basically plug and play performance for about $400

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself after joining the forum. Names Dee, just bought a 2019 Si coupe. Im new to the car modding world but have had it on my bucket list since seeing the first Fast n Furious while in highschool. Hoping to gain some insight on what options are out there. I sell cars for a living so id be glad to provide insight for anyone that is currently in the market for an Si. Cheers :)

C71718A5-0870-465D-BDC3-45007F344652.jpeg
Great to see another Si Coupe!
I see very few GenX Si here in Tally ... and NO Si Coupes ... only sedans.
Welcome to the club!

OP
OP
DealersChoice34
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First assignment is to remove this ugly sticker on the back that the dealer slapped on it .