HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Courts aren't going to care what type of gray it was, they ain't gonna play some 50 shades of gray game with you lol. Call your solicitor and/or go to court on the court date, I've only ever had 2 tickets for speeding, but each time I went to court and had points removed and just payed a small fine instead. Being a younger guy, points should be your bigger concern, not the fine.

You also could plea no lo, but I'd save that for something bigger lol
THIS. Plead not guilty. Go to court. Let them talk until they ask you to speak. Just be straight up. Tell them you'll pay the fine and ask them to remove the points. My first ticket that involved points, I did exactly that and they removed the points and told me I'm good to go. Paid the fine and went on with my day.
Sponsored

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Lol the only reason I know is because they have the law displayed on those signs they have on the highways pretty frequently
Last time I drove through a portion of the states (michigan and a portion of north dakota) I couldn't wrap my mind around how many signs are along the highways.

I literally felt distracted because of so many signs. We have almost identical traffic laws and the lines on the road are no different in canada but we dont do nearly as mmany signs. The ones that really killed me were the "pass here" and "do not pass" literally every time the dashed line changed. That's so much money spend on signs that serve no purpose because the lines painted on the road tell you where to pass and not.

To this day I can't get my mind around it. You guys and your signs...

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Ha! I thought the OP had just bought himself an old Chevy!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Georgia State Patrol clocked me at 88mph. Even though I slowed down as soon as I saw him. Says a laser radar was used so I guess those things are hella good lol.

On my citation, it has my car color listed as gray. But it is sonic gray pearl. Any way I can use that to fight the citation? Just pulling at any string I can find haha

I do plan on calling and seeing if the solicitor will raise the speed down so it won't affect my insurance rates. My father received a citation for the same speed and he was able to get the speed reduced. This was in a different city so idk if it'll go as good for me. Maybe, since it's my first one?
You think police officers have a list of every color made and unless they use the exact name, you're not getting a ticket? Lol... He could have listed the car as BANANA and you'd still be getting the ticket. The ticket is for the driver, but the car.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Had a buddy get off on 5 speeding tickets by FOIA requesting the calibration records of the gun, and the certification records of the officers. LOL

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You think police officers have a list of every color made and unless they use the exact name, you're not getting a ticket? Lol... He could have listed the car as BANANA and you'd still be getting the ticket. The ticket is for the driver, but the car.
But tickets get thrown out all the time if the officer makes a mistake on the model or the registration of the car??
I said that as a joke. I'm not going to fight a small ticket over the color of a car you dick

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a buddy get off on 5 speeding tickets by FOIA requesting the calibration records of the gun, and the certification records of the officers. LOL
I didn't even know you could do that lol

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
But tickets get thrown out all the time if the officer makes a mistake on the model or the registration of the car??
I said that as a joke. I'm not going to fight a small ticket over the color of a car you dick
LOL yeah, sure as a joke... And no, that's not true. It's just some BS people say to try to get out of parking tickets, not moving violations, gash.

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
Eh I don't know if I wanna go through all that for one ticket haha. If they don't lower my speed I'll just deal with the consequences
Its worth it; You call them and give them your citation number and they handle everything. You don’t even have to show up.

Regarding color...I’ve never seen successful defense based on wrong color. Sometimes even the wrong vehicle entirely autofills in the citation module. In this case hopefully (for defendant’s sake)officer Forgot to put car specifics into the hidden notes. I’ve seen cases dismissed for this because officer’s independent recollection comes into question.

Last edited:
OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its worth it; You call them and give them your citation number and they handle everything. You don’t even have to show up.

Regarding color...I’ve never seen successful defense based on wrong color. Sometimes even the wrong vehicle entirely autofills in the citation module. In this case hopefully (for defendant’s sake)officer Forgot to put car specifics into the hidden notes. I’ve seen cases dismissed for this because officer’s independent recollection comes into question.
The color thing was more of a joke I wasn't serious about it haha. I'm going to call them tomorrow actually