daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Georgia State Patrol clocked me at 88mph. Even though I slowed down as soon as I saw him. Says a laser radar was used so I guess those things are hella good lol.

On my citation, it has my car color listed as gray. But it is sonic gray pearl. Any way I can use that to fight the citation? Just pulling at any string I can find haha

I do plan on calling and seeing if the solicitor will raise the speed down so it won't affect my insurance rates. My father received a citation for the same speed and he was able to get the speed reduced. This was in a different city so idk if it'll go as good for me. Maybe, since it's my first one?
Sponsored

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
Courts aren't going to care what type of gray it was, they ain't gonna play some 50 shades of gray game with you lol. Call your solicitor and/or go to court on the court date, I've only ever had 2 tickets for speeding, but each time I went to court and had points removed and just payed a small fine instead. Being a younger guy, points should be your bigger concern, not the fine.

You also could plea no lo, but I'd save that for something bigger lol

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
My wife has relatives that live in Fla, and we travel from Pa to Fla every spring. The one state we were told to do maybe just a little over the limit was Georgia. All others just keep up with traffic.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My co worker got a ticket in GA and the # she had on her citation went directly to the judges chambers lol she told him that she was a deputy clerk with Duval and she ended up getting her fine reduced lol I think it happened in GA or in FL I couldn’t remember but I know us being clerks, we may get our tickets reduced or vanished. But it depends on who you talk to i the traffic department. I know I got a ticket a couple years ago and 3 years after getting a citation, guess where I ended up getting a job at? In the clerk’s office but not in Traffic! Lol

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
My wife has relatives that live in Fla, and we travel from Pa to Fla every spring. The one state we were told to do maybe just a little over the limit was Georgia. All others just keep up with traffic.
You might have something there. A couple of years ago, I was a couple of miles from ATL driving on the slow lane at the speed limit of 75 and I slowed down a little when I pass a lady cop that was ticketing someone on the shoulder. She immediately got in her car and chased me down and ask me if I knew how fast I was driving. I told her slower than the speed limit. She said by law I have to get one lane over or drive slower when passing a cop car on duty. I didn't know that was a law. I always thought that's just courtesy. She gave me a verbal warning.

Last edited:
OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the paint color? Sonic what pearl? :p
I know haha I was just wondering because I heard stories about people getting off on tickets for the smallest mistakes.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Courts aren't going to care what type of gray it was, they ain't gonna play some 50 shades of gray game with you lol. Call your solicitor and/or go to court on the court date, I've only ever had 2 tickets for speeding, but each time I went to court and had points removed and just payed a small fine instead. Being a younger guy, points should be your bigger concern, not the fine.

You also could plea no lo, but I'd save that for something bigger lol
Oh the fine isn't my concern really, I just don't want my insurance rates to go up lol.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In Florida and Texas, if you take a driving improvement class the ticket goes off your record.

If Georgia doesn't have that scheme, the best thing to do is hire a traffic attorney to represent you and having them shown up. Usually, just having representation is enough to get a ticket thrown out.
Well I'm going to try calling and asking if they can lower the speed because it worked for my dad lol, both times he got a ticket. First time he got one he didn't even ask, they offered to as long as he paid the fine

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You might have something there. A couple of years ago, I was a couple of miles from ATL driving on the slow lane at the speed limit of 75 and I slowed down a little when I pass a lady cop that was ticketing someone on the shoulder. She immediately got on her car and chased me down and ask me if I knew how fast I was driving. I told her slower than the speed limit. She said by law I have to get one lane over or drive slower when passing a cop car on duty. I didn't know that was a law. I always thought that's just courtesy. She gave me a verbal warning instead.
Yeah that's a law lol. You have to move over for emergency vehicles, or any vehicle really, or slow down.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Yeah that's a law lol. You have to move over for emergency vehicles, or any vehicle really, or slow down.
Oh yeah I know I have to do that when they're moving. I stop and pull over to shoulder if possible for fire trucks and ambulances, but I didn't know I have to do the same when a cop car is stopped on the shoulder with its lights flashing. I do slow down as a courtesy just didn't know it was a law. I guess it's been too long since I took my written test. lol..

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
My co worker got a ticket in GA and the # she had on her citation went directly to the judges chambers lol she told him that she was a deputy clerk with Duval and she ended up getting her fine reduced lol I think it happened in GA or in FL I couldn’t remember but I know us being clerks, we may get our tickets reduced or vanished. But it depends on who you talk to i the traffic department. I know I got a ticket a couple years ago and 3 years after getting a citation, guess where I ended up getting a job at? In the clerk’s office but not in Traffic! Lol
Haha that's crazy. I'm from Dirty Duval lol

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh yeah I know I have to do that when they're moving. I stop and pull over to shoulder if possible for fire trucks and ambulances, but I didn't know I have to do the same when a cop car is stopped on the shoulder with its lights flashing. I do slow down as a courtesy just didn't know it was a law. I guess it's been too long since I took my written test. lol..
Lol the only reason I know is because they have the law displayed on those signs they have on the highways pretty frequently

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
*not an attorney

You got caught going (I assume) more than 15 over the posted speed. If you were polite during the contact with the officer; that will help. Your court date is the same as all the other tickets he/she wrote that day. The officer will be there all day tending to these. Some folks won't show up and others will argue stupid shit. If you show up dressed respectfully, are polite and co-operative, and show remorse rather than shift blame; I believe you will stand out from all the other offenders and will likely receive mercy. They understand the fines vs points/insurance situation. And they're not looking to jam up first time offenders with good attitudes.

Just my thoughts. And good luck.
Sponsored