db220

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I scraped up my wheel 3 weeks in parking too close to a curb. It drove me crazy and I had it CNC’d and painted at a local shop. It probably could have been touched up but I understand that on a brand new car it’s hard to leave it alone even knowing it will probably happen again.
Sponsored

megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring SGP
Country flag
Leave it be for now. It’s a new car and you still need to learn the spoiler height. You need to learn how far to pull forward it a parking spot with curb without making contact. You need to know the spacing and turning radius. It would suck to repair everything and swipe it again within a week.

Let the ugly be a temporary reminder to you that you were not cautious enough and you made a mistake and try not to do it again.

kuroi

First Name
Kuroi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Yikes. I know that hurt. Saw this type of injury at a reputable shop near me. Insurance paid for it. Was about $290.00 for the bumper cover; $120.00 for the paint; and, $370.00 for labor.
Tough pill to swallow. But, you just got the car. Fix it and enjoy your new car looking like a new car.
Like one other person said, chalk it up to a lesson.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I scraped up my wheel 3 weeks in parking too close to a curb. It drove me crazy and I had it CNC’d and painted at a local shop. It probably could have been touched up but I understand that on a brand new car it’s hard to leave it alone even knowing it will probably happen again.
Where did you get your wheel repaired and how much was it? Somehow I did a curb rash to one of mine without knowing.

OP
OP

Slick099878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI - Rallye Red
Thanks all for the great advice. I will sit on it for a few until I do get a better feel of the car, turning radius, parking, etc. The around-view camera's on my other car have completely spoiled me. Will take it to the collision place and if the cost is upwards of $500, might just end up claiming it on my insurance.