First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$5,200 seems unreasonably low even with the things we can see. Did they mention OEM vs aftermarket parts in the estimate?
Looked like some are oem, others aren't..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've seen much better situations where insurance still totaled it. They're going to write it off, unless of course, they see something we can't. Is it still on a lease or loan?
It's on loan. I'm hoping they will fix it. Especially since there isn't much out there to replace it. The Honda dealer closest to me has a dozen vehicles on the lot. None are Civics.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
I was just looking at the estimate further and it said nothing about the radiator being replaced. I know there was anti freeze on the ground.
Does anyone know if antifreeze travels through the a/c condensor?
no,but if the radiator is toast,the condensor is probably bad also.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found out today that they are going to go ahead and fix it, unless some other parts are found to be broken and the costs go way up,, an adjuster might get involved. The body shop said it will take 2-4 weeks to get parts from Honda.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$5,200 seems unreasonably low even with the things we can see. Did they mention OEM vs aftermarket parts in the estimate?
Your right, it was. The preliminary estimate was a joke. Final estimate was over $10,200.00. Value was placed at $12,414.00. Car is totaled. With what i end up with, i'll probably be driving a beater with over 150k miles.
This forum and the people here are awesome. Tons of useful info and ideas shared. It was a fun 5 1/2 years. Take care of your wonderful Civics and don't wreck them!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I was right about it being a total write off. Sorry man, I wish I was wrong in this case.

Stick around the forums.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so I was right about it being a total write off. Sorry man, I wish I was wrong in this case.

Stick around the forums.
Thanks, Mitch. I want to say "Thank you" for all the advice you have given on this forum. To me, you seem like a really great guy. I am sure most here would agree with me. I will pop in from time to time and when i get a replacement, i'll be sure to post it.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Damn it, that's a terrible shame. One less beautiful coupe on the road. ?

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, after getting the bad news and soul searching over the weekend on what I wanted to do, I decided to buy another 10th gen. Seeing as it's the best car ive ever owned and the fastest and the best gas mileage car I've ever had, I can't see me driving anything less.
So if the financing goes through, I'll have a 2017 touring coupe in what else? RED! It's a 1 owner with 46k miles on it. Plus I'll have the safety features my EXT didn't have. I figure I need it as I'm getting older and slower. It will probably be a couple weeks as it's coming from Kansas, Dorothy!

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Well, after getting the bad news and soul searching over the weekend on what I wanted to do, I decided to buy another 10th gen. Seeing as it's the best car ive ever owned and the fastest and the best gas mileage car I've ever had, I can't see me driving anything less.
So if the financing goes through, I'll have a 2017 touring coupe in what else? RED! It's a 1 owner with 46k miles on it. Plus I'll have the safety features my EXT didn't have. I figure I need it as I'm getting older and slower. It will probably be a couple weeks as it's coming from Kansas, Dorothy!
Nice find!

It will probably pass through town on its way to you.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. When you get it and tune it you can add it to my tuning thread. :)

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Your right, it was. The preliminary estimate was a joke. Final estimate was over $10,200.00. Value was placed at $12,414.00. Car is totaled. With what i end up with, i'll probably be driving a beater with over 150k miles.
This forum and the people here are awesome. Tons of useful info and ideas shared. It was a fun 5 1/2 years. Take care of your wonderful Civics and don't wreck them!
Lol thats funny, I got rear ended 2 months ago and the preliminary estimate was $5000...then 2nd estimate was 10K, and then the toal amount turned out to be $13,850 in damage. They did not total my car

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol thats funny, I got rear ended 2 months ago and the preliminary estimate was $5000...then 2nd estimate was 10K, and then the toal amount turned out to be $13,850 in damage. They did not total my car
My car had over 128k miles, still on original brake pads too.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The bad thing is, most of the time if it gets hit hard enough for the airbag to deploy on these cars then it costs too much to repair, regardless how old it is. Costs of parts and repairs are INSANE.
Sponsored