First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I posted in the What did you do to your civic today?
Asking if anyone has a guess at the dollar amount for repair. No bags deployed, windshield has a small crack, both fenders, hood, bumper and grill, probably radiator, intercooler and the condenser? for the a/c and various brackets under the hood. No suspension damage as far as I could tell. I took a look under the hood and the box that has the ECU in it is cracked.

Honda Civic 10th gen Got into an accident 20210925_122631

Honda Civic 10th gen Got into an accident 20210925_122640

Honda Civic 10th gen Got into an accident 20210925_122717

Honda Civic 10th gen Got into an accident 20210925_122710

Honda Civic 10th gen Got into an accident 20210925_122654

Honda Civic 10th gen Got into an accident 20210925_122643

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Car definitely is totaled. My guess for this would be 10-12k. I already been in a few accidents in my si and the insurance papers have always exceeded 3k. My most expensive one was on the passenger side for a scape and side camera replacement and that ended up at $7k.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I agree. I actually told him that in the other thread. I think he's hoping against hope (understandable) on the old theory that if the air bags don't deploy he's golden.

Part of the write off isn't just the extensive damage; he has a high mileage car (120,000+) and I think that contributes to what insurance will do.

Last edited:

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Car definitely is totaled. My guess for this would be 10-12k. I already been in a few accidents in my si and the insurance papers have always exceeded 3k. My most expensive one was on the passenger side for a scape and side camera replacement and that ended up at $7k.
I also have been hit in my Si, rear ended and ended up being just under 10k to fix, plus i got 1500 in diminished value from the crappy insurance company. Stupid drivers suck!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any update?

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
The problem with most of these accident threads is that we can't do a proper evaluation of the car. There could be thousands in hidden damage that we can't see no matter how many pictures are posted.

That said, there are a number of wildcards here. The fact that the airbags didn't pop might be what tips the scales between repairing the damage or totaling the vehicle. If there is extensive damage to things we can't see, such as the unibody, drive train, so on, then it will be total loss.

As for the cost to repair this? Just in what can be seen you're north of 10 grand for sure.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because you were talking about hidden damage. I remember that guy in the forum who's CVT broke and then it came out that the CVT was assumingly damaged in an accident which the previous owner had with the car.

My guess is also that OP car is totaled. :(

What kind of accident was that? Rear ended another car?

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because you were talking about hidden damage. I remember that guy in the forum who's CVT broke and then it came out that the CVT was assumingly damaged in an accident which the previous owner had with the car.

My guess is also that OP car is totaled. :(

What kind of accident was that? Rear ended another car?
Yep, rear ended a stopped car. I just still can't believe it happened. I love this car, no lie.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any update?
I just got the preliminary estimate of just over $5200.00. I haven't heard from a claims adjuster yet. I have Allstate. Hopefully, they will repair it. I don't think any suspension or the CVT is damaged. When I hit the other car, I was hard on the brakes.
My other problem might be is the case that the case the ECU is in was cracked. If it's replaced, I may have to send my Ktuner unit in to have them unlock it, possibly?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the preliminary estimate of just over $5200.00. I haven't heard from a claims adjuster yet. I have Allstate. Hopefully, they will repair it. I don't think any suspension or the CVT is damaged. When I hit the other car, I was hard on the brakes.
My other problem might be is the case that the case the ECU is in was cracked. If it's replaced, I may have to send my Ktuner unit in to have them unlock it, possibly?
Surprising that the repair estimate is so low. It may not be totaled after all. As far as unlocking, I think KTuner charges $200.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just looking at the estimate further and it said nothing about the radiator being replaced. I know there was anti freeze on the ground.
Does anyone know if antifreeze travels through the a/c condensor?

bansheeback

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I've seen much better situations where insurance still totaled it. They're going to write it off, unless of course, they see something we can't. Is it still on a lease or loan?
Sponsored