Got Him!!

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
It has the same engine as the regular Civic except added sodium filled valves and forged Pistons, better suspension set up, helical diff, more aggressive tuning and some better wheels.
All those things and more add up to make it more than just "a slightly better funner regular Civic". I never said it makes the car bad, you're just selling it short. I stated the lightning lap because all those things you mentioned is what makes it perform so well on track(numbers the regular Civics probably wouldnt come close to). And yes its a compact Sport Sedan/Coupe, thats the class it's in..same with the GLI and WRX.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
All those things and more add up to make it more than just "a slightly better funner regular Civic". I never said it makes the car bad, you're just selling it short. I stated the lightning lap because all those things you mentioned is what makes it perform so well on track(numbers the regular Civics probably wouldnt come close to). And yes its a compact Sport Sedan/Coupe, thats the class it's in..same with the GLI and WRX.
I wouldn't put it in the same class as a WRX (performance wise), but you are entitled to your opinion. That being said, the Si is a solid platform with a lot of potential, and a few inexpensive mods makes it world's better. I would take it over a WRX, STi, or GLi any day of the week

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And if Car and Driver would have fully disabled TC(pedal dance), who knows, could have probably shaved off more time and beaten the GTI.

Funny Amirza says the Si couldnt compete with the WRX, you wont find a WRX non performance pack above the Si on that list, it takes a tracked up version to beat the Si.

Kable's2019Si

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1992 C1500 383
Country flag
Mine hangs with the big boys all the time. My coworkers 5.0 mustang has to work for his wins. And I've taken a few 350Zs. Left one 350 by about 2.5 lengths. And if there are any turns, forget about it, she holds strong with Camaros and Mustangs, no problem. Maybe it's a driver thing because my stock Si performs just fine.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please explain?
I'm talking stock Si. The WRX has more whp, more torque and the advantage of AWD. Before Ktuner I was following my coworkers 2016 WRX (306 HP, no mods), I was barely able to keep up. I was full wot in 4th gear and he was slowly pulling away. I don't even think he was more than half on the throttle. Now that I am tuned with tsp it might be different

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm talking stock Si. The WRX has more whp, more torque and the advantage of AWD. Before Ktuner I was following my coworkers 2016 WRX (306 HP, no mods), I was barely able to keep up. I was full wot in 4th gear and he was slowly pulling away. I don't even think he was more than half on the throttle. Now that I am tuned with tsp it might be different
You do realize that performance is more than just going straight right? Thats just one metric a cars performance is measured in. I can use the same logic agianst the WRX. The Si is out of its league because every generation of the WRX is slower than the Si at Virginia International Raceway. And yes, Stock.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You do realize that performance is more than just going straight right? Thats just one metric a cars performance is measured in. I can use the same logic agianst the WRX. The Si is out of its league because every generation of the WRX is slower than the Si at Virginia International Raceway. And yes, Stock.
Yes, I get that. I think you mean the WRX is out of it's league...;)

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
good for yu beating that vw. good stuff.
i had a bmw that though he was quick. i took him easily up 2 nd through 3rd. i slowed down till he caught up then beat him easily till he hit his limiter. slowed and let him catch me. then just put it down and walked away waving.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
good for yu beating that vw. good stuff.
i had a bmw that though he was quick. i took him easily up 2 nd through 3rd. i slowed down till he caught up then beat him easily till he hit his limiter. slowed and let him catch me. then just put it down and walked away waving.
What model Bimmer was it if you don’t mind me asking

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I’ve driven all the cars so here it goes

Golf R>STi>Civic Type R(haven’t driven just going off price and variants available, STi has that track focused variant that’s like 50k)>Focus RS>Veloster Type N>GTI>Focus ST(RIP)>Civic Si>Fiesta ST>Veloster Turbo

Now this list is compiled of my own experiences as well as my vast automobile knowledge and all the cars I’ve driven. The golf R tops because most drivers will be able to drive the Golf R with DSG and DCC faster than a STi, Type R because it shifts lightning quick and can make up for any drivers error etc. now maybe some professional level drivers can take the other cars around a track faster (depending on track and conditions etc) this rating is real world use as well as tracking etc. I don’t track often.

Now I have to back @amirza786 up here the WRX is a better package out the gate then the Si. Just look at base prices. It has an edge because most drivers would benefit from AWD and how it helps stay stuck to the road/track. Also a launch will get it a nice lead from a dig. Bigger engine, larger turbo.

Now stock for stock the WRX has way better rubber than the Si. Unless we live up north and the cars are both bought in December and raced that’s the only way an Si might be faster.

Now in dollar for dollar equity and value they are much closer than just driving and racing.

Cheers

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Golf R has relatively poor braking and poor handling in this class making it an absolute dog on the race track compared to the Type R. The Golf R almost feels out of place on a race track if you drive a Type R and then a Golf R after
I agree, heck its barely faster than an Si at VIR by just .6 seconds. And thats with over 80hp and AWD. Its a GT car at best.
Sponsored