LickwidApex

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm constantly getting attention from $40k-$70k cars that keep trying to test me but I ignore them. I feel like a lot of them do it just to beat an Si and boost their ego a little even though their car is worth 2 to 3 times as much. Had a jerk in a Bentley keep speeding up and slowing down next to me, I just ignored him lol
I find myself in this scenario often like you. I believe their car 'costs' 2~3 times more. But it certainly isn't worth that. Its easy to ignore them. I know what is fast, what isn't fast and what's fun. I have 'fun'. A side note, once I was on a closed track racing my GSXR-1000, everything on the street became slow. Well, everything sub $150k. I've already proven to myself that I'm a decent driver in most circumstances. No need to show that to anyone else.
Sponsored

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't need a history/honda lesson. The Civic is not a fast car period. Sure, you can spend tons of cash to make it fast, or you could just but a faster car. I'm not bashing Hondas, I have had seven of them including my 17 Si, but these guys coming on here thinking their Civics are so "fast" and that they can beat 485 hp V8s is a bit much.
Most Honda drivers have no clue about fast. I've raced for years and built all my cars off a Honda platform. It is a great platform and can be very fast when built right. The turbo street honda class are running 7 second quarter miles right now on stock frames and motor locations, so it shows the potential.

PS: It was not a Honda lesson just a basic racing lesson that has been there since people started modding cars. The basic everyday modder to the manufacturers them selves are all striving to take out the more expensive competition for less.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't need a history/honda lesson. The Civic is not a fast car period. Sure, you can spend tons of cash to make it fast, or you could just but a faster car. I'm not bashing Hondas, I have had seven of them including my 17 Si, but these guys coming on here thinking their Civics are so "fast" and that they can beat 485 hp V8s is a bit much.
No one's claiming a stock Civic is fast lmao.

Looks like you don't even read the posts properly.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Civics are not fast unless you spend thousands of dollars to make them fast. Prove me wrong.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well, then you could just modify the "other" car, now you're back at square one. The Civic is not a fast car.
I mean the only thing good about the muscle cars is straight line. Take it to the travk
Civics are not fast unless you spend thousands of dollars to make them fast. Prove me wrong.
Tell me where I said a Civic is fast...all I said was a drop in turbo can compete with stock V8s and even beat them.

But going by your previous posts you seem pretty thick headed so I'm just going to end it here.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Honestly, I'm just trolling this thread because it's stupid and I'm bored. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
GFY tough guy. First of all a drop in turbo will not be enough period. Also, it's not the 60s anymore, today's "muscle cars" are track monsters, get with the times already. You're a thick headed dumbass if you think a Civic can beat a car with 485Hp.
I mean I don't need to argue with you, there's videos on YouTube of the Civic 10s running 11s lol

Afdad120108

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Osoik ran low 12s with W1 drop in I believe it's on YouTube
Ya he did...with no exhaust to save weight, removed seats, slicks, and E85...i dont see someone running around on the streets running slicks...im not saying they cant be made to go fast but it takes some upgrades to do so. All that matters is you enjoy your car really. I love mine

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
LOL, I made one mistake when I bought my Si....I bought it in black. That seems to attract all kinds of idiots who want to race. I'm 50 years old, and don't have the time or desire to race some young punk. I just pretty much ignore them....

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
LOL, I made one mistake when I bought my Si....I bought it in black. That seems to attract all kinds of idiots who want to race. I'm 50 years old, and don't have the time or desire to race some young punk. I just pretty much ignore them....
Good idea. Black looks amazing by the way, but I'm too OCD to buy that color.
Sponsored