Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
1; how do you politely decline to race some riced up family car that has just challenged you to a race?

2; why does this only happen when my wife and 2 150lbs teenagers are in the car?
Have you tried ignoring these idiots? You don't have to take the bait.
Sponsored

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
The ol bait and switch! Lmfao! Classical....

I did that literally on a weekly basis when i had my 9th gen Civic (stock) but by looks of it everyone thought it was modded.
I used to do this in our 2007 5 spd fit sport. Roll up to the line and visibly hard grip the steering wheel and look over at the next car. Begin to hold rpms at 2k. Light turns green and off the other car goes making a scene. I simply start accelarating normally (maybe even a bit slower than usual) and the other car appears to be racing themselves for no reason. I dont do this anymore though but it was funny the times I did.

Afdad120108

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
I feel like with just a drop in turbo vs a stock scat pack, you'd keep up or beat.
They run like a 12.6 in stock form. It would take some substantial mods to keep up or beat one (PRL Turbo Upgrade, full bolt ons, tune, intercooler, etc). It could be done but would take more than just one of the drop in turbos.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
They run like a 12.6 in stock form. It would take some substantial mods to keep up or beat one (PRL Turbo Upgrade, full bolt ons, tune, intercooler, etc). It could be done but would take more than just one of the drop in turbos.
Osoik ran low 12s with W1 drop in I believe it's on YouTube

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Sorry, but a 205 hp economy car is no match for a 485hp purpose built performance car.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, but a 205 hp economy car is no match for a 485hp purpose built performance car.
Yeah definitely not but they were not talking about a stock car. Drop in turbo and flex fuel tuned can see 340ish wheel hp. Power to weight ratio is what helps Honda's beat other more expensive cars.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Yeah definitely not but they were not talking about a stock car. Drop in turbo and flex fuel tuned can see 340ish wheel hp. Power to weight ratio is what helps Honda's beat other more expensive cars.
Well, then you could just modify the "other" car, now you're back at square one. The Civic is not a fast car.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, then you could just modify the "other" car, now you're back at square one. The Civic is not a fast car.
That's not the point of racing a Honda to begin with. We originally raced them in the 90's to beat more expensive cars with a cheaper car. So its not square one because the Honda is still a cheaper car that is faster. Same thing with original Honda (themselves) racing of the past they built a cheaper car that would beat the likes of Porsche and BMW at the road course. Same concept of the GTR build a faster car for cheaper to take out exotics etc. These are the basics of racing. Would be great to just start with a Buggatti just doesnt work like that.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I don't need a history/honda lesson. The Civic is not a fast car period. Sure, you can spend tons of cash to make it fast, or you could just but a faster car. I'm not bashing Hondas, I have had seven of them including my 17 Si, but these guys coming on here thinking their Civics are so "fast" and that they can beat 485 hp V8s is a bit much.
Sponsored