amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Good idea. Black looks amazing by the way, but I'm too OCD to buy that color.
It does look amazing in black, but another issue is having a black car in the summer. On days where the temps get over 85, the inside of the car takes much longer to cool, even with the AC on full. Also this can make the shifter get very, very hot. I have burned the shifter pattern in my hand multiple times!
Sponsored

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
It does look amazing in black, but another issue is having a black car in the summer. On days where the temps get over 85, the inside of the car takes much longer to cool, even with the AC on full. Also this can make the shifter get very, very hot. I have burned the shifter pattern in my hand multiple times!
Being sexy comes at a price.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I was reading thru some of the comments, and honestly guys, no need for insults. Yes, the Civic Si is not the fastest car on the road, I mean it has a 1.5L four with only 205 hp. I think most people buy it because its reliable, it's cheap (I got mine for $22K, minus tax and license) and economical, at 38 MPG. For what you get for the money, it's pretty amazing, and it's fun to drive. Savagegeese does a really good review on the Si, and lists it as one of his top 3 picks for cars under $30K.

I'm a Toyota guy, owning nothing but Toyotas for the last 20 years, this is my first Honda so I'm no enthusiast! I bought it because it was cheaper and funner to drive than a Camry SE, and the 6 speed MT.....what can I say

Jaiskai

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (Sedan)
Country flag
I find myself in this scenario often like you. I believe their car 'costs' 2~3 times more. But it certainly isn't worth that. Its easy to ignore them. I know what is fast, what isn't fast and what's fun. I have 'fun'. A side note, once I was on a closed track racing my GSXR-1000, everything on the street became slow. Well, everything sub $150k. I've already proven to myself that I'm a decent driver in most circumstances. No need to show that to anyone else.
Yea I had a ninja 650 for a while. It was not the fastest bike but with under a 4 sec 60 time it's faster than 99% cars out there so there is no need for me to get my speed fix from a civic. Like you, I know what fast actually feels like haha

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Yea I had a ninja 650 for a while. It was not the fastest bike but with under a 4 sec 60 time it's faster than 99% cars out there so there is no need for me to get my speed fix from a civic. Like you, I know what fast actually feels like haha
Almost got a Ninja 650 but bought a used 05 SV650 instead. The Ninja was a beautiful bike though with the fame in red.. mmmm

Jaiskai

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (Sedan)
Country flag
Almost got a Ninja 650 but bought a used 05 SV650 instead. The Ninja was a beautiful bike though with the fame in red.. mmmm
Yea mine was 2014 burnt orange. I still miss it...
Sponsored