Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with REBEL on this one. Most PDR guys would have difficulty with that. Looks more like a traditional body shop repair to me.

I think the dent on that body line would be the big PDR issue.

Pbergmann

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sedan EX-L
Country flag
Metal is too thin to rework like old days. And replacement parts are much cheaper than they used to be.
At least that was what I was told when I had something similar.

It's still probably $2 to $3,000

OP
OP
kittyrichie

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which one do you trust to do a good job?-did they say what they are going to do?
Both were identical in terms of the body work... Replacing the fender, liner, and paint work. The higher quote was from a shop (who I would rank as my second option anyway) who wanted to tack on a "Diagnostics" fee. once the repair is finished. They said this was required for them to do by the manufacturer, which I am not sure about. The shop I went with never mentioned the diagnostics test, but they are highly regarded by many in the area. Dropped off the car this afternoon for the repair.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You sure someone hit your car? Looks more like damage from backing your car up with the passenger door open and your door hitting something. Check the back edge of your door. Anyway, good luck with the repairs.

OP
OP
kittyrichie

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You sure someone hit your car? Looks more like damage from backing your car up with the passenger door open and your door hitting something. Check the back edge of your door. Anyway, good luck with the repairs.
lol.... it was backed into. I can't back up my car with the passenger door open if the car isn't on and i'm not driving it.

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
Looks more like damage from backing your car up with the passenger door open and your door hitting something. Check the back edge of your door. Anyway, good luck with the repairs.
That's what it looks like to me, especially with that slight creasing higher up near the mirror and paint missing from key contact points on the edge of the door.

Andysat

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic mk 10
Country flag
Both were identical in terms of the body work... Replacing the fender, liner, and paint work. The higher quote was from a shop (who I would rank as my second option anyway) who wanted to tack on a "Diagnostics" fee. once the repair is finished. They said this was required for them to do by the manufacturer, which I am not sure about. The shop I went with never mentioned the diagnostics test, but they are highly regarded by many in the area. Dropped off the car this afternoon for the repair.
That seems reasonable-are they just going to pull and fill door?
Sponsored