Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story!

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
Did you get it fixed? That shouldn't be too hard of a DIY fix, a little sanding here and there with matching oem spray paint followed by clear coat...like new! Heck if it does not work out you can just get a new bumper and paint it yourself if you have the right tools,
I just use touch up paint. Painting is beyond me. Cost would be at least $500. I can still see it but it's not as bad. But if you so incline where can i get oem spray paint and clear coat and the right tool?
Sponsored

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I just use touch up paint. Painting is beyond me. Cost would be at least $500. I can still see it but it's not as bad. But if you so incline where can i get oem spray paint and clear coat and the right tool?
I don't think Honda manufactures oem spray paint, but there are many great aftermarket sources for it. Depending on the severity of the damage, start with a lower grit sandpaper and work your way too 5000 grit for best results. I'm not a pro, but this video explains it greatly. Trust me, if your motivated the job will come out much better than any pro. After all, it's your car and no one cares for it more than you do!
If you need to replace the bumper, having an pneumatic spray gun will provide professional results, but you can get away with it with using a few bottles of spray paint, and 2K clear coat. 2K provides pro results but it is practically cancer-in-a-can, so use a respirator and other safety equipment wisely.

(You can skip the rust part)

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Mine didn't get attacked per se, but a couple of passerby in a car saw some late model Mitsu hatch pulled up beside my CivicX in a secluded part of a parking lot. The Mitsu had its doors open and the owner was ruffling through the packrat condition inside the car, sorting out all sorts of mechanical tools and utensils. I was walking to my car just when the passerby were interrogating the Mitsu owner. Passerby told me the Mitsu owner was screwing with my car and told me to make sure my car was ok.

I interrogated the Mitsu's owner and his defence was that he decided to park next to mine, in this secluded part of a parking lot with no other car around, because he was short on gas :dunno: .

I did a checkover of my car and saw nothing out of order.

Mitsu owner with cache of tools laid bare for the eyes to see probably caught the attention of passerby.

To this day I don't know what if anything the Mitsu owner may have done to my car. :dunno:

Weird scenarios like this aren't attacks in the sense of the thread title, but they do attack your sanity.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine didn't get attacked per se, but a couple of passerby in a car saw some late model Mitsu hatch pulled up beside my CivicX in a secluded part of a parking lot. The Mitsu had its doors open and the owner was ruffling through the packrat condition inside the car, sorting out all sorts of mechanical tools and utensils. I was walking to my car just when the passerby were interrogating the Mitsu owner. Passerby told me the Mitsu owner was screwing with my car and told me to make sure my car was ok.

I interrogated the Mitsu's owner and his defence was that he decided to park next to mine, in this secluded part of a parking lot with no other car around, because he was short on gas :dunno: .

I did a checkover of my car and saw nothing out of order.

Mitsu owner with cache of tools laid bare for the eyes to see probably caught the attention of passerby.

To this day I don't know what if anything the Mitsu owner may have done to my car. :dunno:

Weird scenarios like this aren't attacks in the sense of the thread title, but they do attack your sanity.
You should've slapped him and interrogated him...:D

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si with 306whp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story! upload_2018-10-29_14-46-49

Hit a tire wall at the track at speed.
Only real damage was to my ego and a broken grill. All the tire black rubbed right off with Mother’s. Small dent on fender that popped right out.

No other damage. Build quality is remarkable.
New grill cost me 200 plus paint - it was 300 dollar tuition to learn to never apex early and run out of track.

Last edited:
OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
upload_2018-10-29_14-46-49.jpeg

Hit a tire wall at the track at speed.
Only real damage was to my ego and a broken grill. All the tire black rubbed right off with Mother’s. Small dent on fender that popped right out.

No other damage. Build quality is remarkable.
New grill cost me 200 plus paint - it was 300 dollar tuition to learn to never apex early and run out of track.
Wow, you seem quite lucky to only have to paint a grill! Got away easy on that one. Glad your ok!

Lx1537

First Name
Lang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring
Country flag
My Tsx SE got attacked by a civic while going to Minnesota statefair. Was in traffic when I heard tires screeching and bam!....hit from the back hard. Saw my back wheel rolling across the highway as it got ripped out. Long story short car was totaled. Got 15k but after all the expenses we got 10k back.....now back in the market for a car...I wanted to get a used car but wifey wants a new car. So I talk to a few dealers and got a good deal on a 2018 civic hatchback touring. A week later we went and sign the papers and got the car. So I decided to let my wife drive it home and as she was coming out of the parking lot of the honda dealership.....she got hit hard. Airbags deployed and I thought the car was totaled. Long story short, insurance was able to fix it. Cost 14k to fixed. The body shop worked with the honda dealership and got all OEM parts for aftermarket pricing. This all happened within a month. Just got the civic back last week. Drives and feels like new....

Honda Civic 10th gen Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story! 20180829_131225

Honda Civic 10th gen Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story! 20180829_130400

Honda Civic 10th gen Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story! 20180829_133305

Honda Civic 10th gen Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story! 20180829_133252

Honda Civic 10th gen Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story! 20180829_132159

Honda Civic 10th gen Got attacked in your Civic? Share your story! 20180925_165029

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My Tsx SE got attacked by a civic while going to Minnesota statefair. Was in traffic when I heard tires screeching and bam!....hit from the back hard. Saw my back wheel rolling across the highway as it got ripped out. Long story short car was totaled. Got 15k but after all the expenses we got 10k back.....now back in the market for a car...I wanted to get a used car but wifey wants a new car. So I talk to a few dealers and got a good deal on a 2018 civic hatchback touring. A week later we went and sign the papers and got the car. So I decided to let my wife drive it home and as she was coming out of the parking lot of the honda dealership.....she got hit hard. Airbags deployed and I thought the car was totaled. Long story short, insurance was able to fix it. Cost 14k to fixed. The body shop worked with the honda dealership and got all OEM parts for aftermarket pricing. This all happened within a month. Just got the civic back last week. Drives and feels like new...
Wow, that's quite the unlucky tale of fate...I'm glad all is ok! Sucks to hear how a brand new car gets hit so hard...

Lx1537

First Name
Lang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring
Country flag
Wow, that's quite the unlucky tale of fate...I'm glad all is ok! Sucks to hear how a brand new car gets hit so hard...
Yeah its sucks. Just glad that me and the family didn't get hurt

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was stopped in traffic and a Ram decided to hit the gas. Didn't even have the car a full 2 months.

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg
Oh boy, glad you are OK. You actually got out lucky...from the photos it seems only a bumper should be replaced. How'd the outcome go?
Sponsored