First Name
Ibram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
Hey y’all,

I was wondering if anyone of you would know what is wrong with my car.My car was pulling to the left and I got an alignment done. Not even one day later I still had the same problem. The tire pressure is good in all tires. I also baby the hell out of my car and also I did hit two nasty pot holes awhile back on the right side of my front wheel.
Thanks guys.
Sponsored

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
It's possible your wheel is bent, take your wheels for balancing and they would be able to tell you if it's bent or not if the balancing is out of whack

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Do you have Michelin PS4's? I've heard this can be a problem with them.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dunno if this same problem happens with the R but did you lower the car?

I had problems with my car constantly pulling left slightly when I installed D2 and got an alignment without rear camber arms

Got rear arms and another alignment and car drives perfect now

OP
OP
Si Ibs

Si Ibs

First Name
Ibram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
Thanks for replying guys. What I’ll try is going back to the shop and trying to rotate my two front tires and see if that makes a difference. I’ll also inspect to see if there are dents in the wheels.
I also have no suspension mods.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
What kinda roads are you testing on?

The car will pull to the side on cambered roads where the rain runs off to the side. Does it still do it on motorways/highways?

OP
OP
Si Ibs

Si Ibs

First Name
Ibram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
What kinda roads are you testing on?

The car will pull to the side on cambered roads where the rain runs off to the side. Does it still do it on motorways/highways?
I tried it in a flat parking garage and it still does it :/

ems657

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STi, 2012 Infiniti G37 (sold)
Country flag
Quickly chime in here - If your rims are bent, then typically you will feel vibration (sometimes at higher speed). That's what happened to my Honda Odyssey. The kicker is, you can't really see the bent until the tire is off the rim. Hope this helps, bro.

Badigadi

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I've had the same problem since a couple of moths ago, I got it aligned and the problem is still there, I will try getting it balanced today and see if the tech can verify if my wheels are bent (I've hit big potholes back then and recently too)

OP
OP
Si Ibs

Si Ibs

First Name
Ibram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
I've had the same problem since a couple of moths ago, I got it aligned and the problem is still there, I will try getting it balanced today and see if the tech can verify if my wheels are bent (I've hit big potholes back then and recently too)
Thank you, let me know how that goes for you. Maybe we have the same identical problem.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
After you check the alignment and rims and swap wheels side to side (do both front and rear) without correcting the issue, or pulling in the opposite direction, it's time to consider damage to the suspension from hitting potholes. Noticing a pull in a flat parking area means it's severe.
Cambered road or parking area effect can be cancelled by reversing direction.

Badigadi

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just came back home from the shop.

A bit of my experience, since I got the car in March I´ve been in 2 fatal potholes, the first one(front left) made a bulge and the second one actually cut into the tyre (front right). After a while I noticed the car pulling very slightly to the left, myself rotated the front tyres to the back, didnt solve it, got it aligned (the same shop as the first tyre damaged), didnt get solved but they pointed out that I was missing 1 of 4 bolts that retain the stabilizer bar and 1 of only 2 bolts that retain the steering rack(lol) so I got some place holder bolts and waited around 2 months until I could get those bolts to get it aligned and balanced for good.

The Tech from this new shop got the car aligned and balanced, wheels were not bent(Im running stock wheels). Turns out the shop that changed my first damaged tyre, the one from the left side, overweighted the balance, when I moved it to the back it was still in the left side so... yeah. The second shop for the second tyre only balanced said wheel, not all of them so at the end it was really messed up.

He did adjust a bit the alignment and balance on the other wheels but nothing to write home about.

After 40 minutes of night city and congested highway driving I can say that it has improved a lot if not completely corrected that behavior, I will update if the issue comes back but for now it seems fixed.
Honda Civic 10th gen Got alignment but car still pulls to the left 20201008_173854

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeow - if bolts were broken or stretched to the point of loosening, you're lucky you could even control the car; and the loose parts may have been the cause of the pulling to one side. That said, the wheels/tires being out of balance would cause vibration but not the pull to one side. If you still feel anything more than a little pull you should pursue the cause before you ruin another set of tires.

Badigadi

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yeow - if bolts were broken or stretched to the point of loosening, you're lucky you could even control the car; and the loose parts may have been the cause of the pulling to one side. That said, the wheels/tires being out of balance would cause vibration but not the pull to one side. If you still feel anything more than a little pull you should pursue the cause before you ruin another set of tires.
To be honest, the car didn't feel that much different. I did feel the vibrations that are no longer an issue after this but when I got those bolts they didnt make a difference in handling really, as stable as always, it never felt out of place. Kinda worrying in the sense that something could be very off and wouldn't notice.

Edit: Now a track junkie or an experienced driver could find a difference but I dont push my car and its way softer and easier to drive that things I have driven before or that give much more feedback.
Sponsored