Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
i know who you talking about. And he has not "smoked everything" I seen his youtube shenanigans, VERY inconsistent. i even mentioned to him on his channel. How you beat a stock golf r from 10mph to 80mph by like 2,3 cars and then put like 7 buslengths on a camaro? which he also raced only up to 100mph, on top of the the camaro was pulling him at 100mph. He also jumps the gun many time, and races sometimes unsuspecting half-ass drivers. if you think camaros even their 2.0l or v6(335hp) are slow.. they really arent, certainly not slower then a stock golf R. let me remind you golf r are also heavy (awd). Mind you he only traps 103mph at 1/4m with on Ethanol and spinning tires. when i had the si was ok for a stock car but really not a long term car when you consider you need a built bottom end to push past 300 wheel safely, recently i raced again a 2018 si hondata, catless downpipe prl intake on 93oct and i put 1,2 cars on my (apr stg2)2014 1.8t jetta by 100mph. Driver knowledge matters as two times i let him get the jump and i was off my powerband by 5,10mph i had to reel him in but not with ease! then two times i was right on the money there was no chance. The irony is that he was bragging to me how he had smoked modded mk6 gti/jettas and mk7. all this in a 125kmiles slipping clutch "old vw"
I've had several people tell me how Jdmpookie's car was just so fast it was beating everything. People don't seem to understand that basic math can essentially tell you how fast a car will be. A fwd 279whp, 2900lb car is going to be nothing more than a mid 13 sec car that traps 103-105mph, so slower than pretty much any current V8 out there. Roll racing 4000lb+ BWM with a V8 that puts down 240-250whp is absolutely nothing to brag about.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Look I’ve posted this before I’m old fashioned. Most of my interest in cars are older cars from the 30s to the nineties or until electronics got involved. But I’m very impressed with this 1.5 turbo engine. Yes it’s a lite car
But for a tiny engine to perform as good or better than some of these performance cars from the 70s and 80s
Is impressive and to keep up with some STOCK BIG BLOCK muscle cars ( 383,402, later 454) yes compared
To newer cars today yeah the technology is better then years ago but just remember it’s a 1.5 liter most of the H.O four cylinder cars today are usually a 2.0 and higher this is just my opinion on this thread :cool:

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy-T, Jetta Tsi, SI,A5
Country flag
I've had several people tell me how Jdmpookie's car was just so fast it was beating everything. People don't seem to understand that basic math can essentially tell you how fast a car will be. A fwd 279whp, 2900lb car is going to be nothing more than a mid 13 sec car that traps 103-105mph, so slower than pretty much any current V8 out there. Roll racing 4000lb+ BWM with a V8 that puts down 240-250whp is absolutely nothing to brag about.
is there is a few in the mid to low 12s and trap pretty well 110 to 113mph on stock turbo AS FAR as i know but they are on ethanol GUTTED on slicks and they are the limit of the engine and turbo. BUT can you run allday everyday from home to work and back on slicks ethanol and gutted interior? I can pick one of them and do so but no 2 or all 3.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
i know who you talking about. And he has not "smoked everything" I seen his youtube shenanigans, VERY inconsistent. i even mentioned to him on his channel. How you beat a stock golf r from 10mph to 80mph by like 2,3 cars and then put like 7 buslengths on a camaro? which he also raced only up to 100mph, on top of the the camaro was pulling him at 100mph. He also jumps the gun many time, and races sometimes unsuspecting half-ass drivers. if you think camaros even their 2.0l or v6(335hp) are slow.. they really arent, certainly not slower then a stock golf R. let me remind you golf r are also heavy (awd). Mind you he only traps 103mph at 1/4m with on Ethanol and spinning tires. when i had the si was ok for a stock car but really not a long term car when you consider you need a built bottom end to push past 300 wheel safely, recently i raced again a 2018 si hondata, catless downpipe prl intake on 93oct and i put 1,2 cars on my (apr stg2)2014 1.8t jetta by 100mph. Driver knowledge matters as two times i let him get the jump and i was off my powerband by 5,10mph i had to reel him in but not with ease! then two times i was right on the money there was no chance. The irony is that he was bragging to me how he had smoked modded mk6 gti/jettas and mk7. all this in a 125kmiles slipping clutch "old vw"
They were all rolling races, off the line from a dig his car wasn't that fast, trying to put down 270 whp on a fwd car that light efficiently is not happening. He ended up throwing his rods, so it doesn't really matter anyways, it's a moot discussion that won't seem to die....

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This forum seems to be full of very close minded individuals. People have been building Hondas to break muscle car hearts for some time now. This of course doesn't come without its share of problems like with any other car when you're building it for more power than its stock configuration. If the hobby is not for you, then of course consider getting a faster car stock. The current Civics are hard to beat though when you combine the value in space, mpg, great looks, and fun to drive factor. Nothing was more satisfying than beating faster cars when I had my Si, now hardly anyone ever wants to play with the Type R. :dunno:

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This forum seems to be full of very close minded individuals. People have been building Hondas to break muscle car hearts for some time now. This of course doesn't come without its share of problems like with any other car when you're building it for more power than its stock configuration. If the hobby is not for you, then of course consider getting a faster car stock. The current Civics are hard to beat though when you combine the value in space, mpg, great looks, and fun to drive factor. Nothing was more satisfying than beating faster cars when I had my Si, now hardly anyone ever wants to play with the Type R. :dunno:
i have...:yes:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you're ever in California, you can try to go against my IS350. A recent run I did, 0 to 60 in 5 seconds: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oXygLhumcqtB9guCA

I've beaten a 2.0t GTI from a dig, I could probably take a Golf R from a dig, but I don't know about a roll. I'm not going to try and find out :)
lol i am on the north east .. you can take a stock golf R from any speed with any car that makes 300plus.... its not a top end car either. NOW if you mod them its whole diff animal. Modded type R and modded golf R are pretty similar many golfs put around 360 380wheel on 93 some more on ethanol. i think type R are around the same

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
lol i am on the north east .. you can take a stock golf R from any speed with any car that makes 300plus.... its not a top end car either. NOW if you mod them its whole diff animal. Modded type R and modded golf R are pretty similar many golfs put around 360 380wheel on 93 some more on ethanol. i think type R are around the same
New Golf Rs are monsters, dual clutch and a very strong motor. Modded dual clutch Golf Rs will usually beat Type Rs in a straight line. My buddy was making around 360whp on his GTI, I've heard the Golf Rs can do a bit better.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, that is good to know. I don't race, but if someone doesn't want to let me in when merging, changing lanes, or a two lane is ending then I'll mash it. Last week I met up with one of the members of this forum who graciously let me drive his stock Type R, and from a dig for sure I can take it, but between 3k and 7k rpm's, I would be left behind... it's lighter and the turbo works best in that range. You can check that thread out

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
New Golf Rs are monsters, dual clutch and a very strong motor. Modded dual clutch Golf Rs will usually beat Type Rs in a straight line. My buddy was making around 360whp on his GTI, I've heard the Golf Rs can do a bit better.
360whp on stock gti turbo at the wheels? i have heard being possible.. but has to be on ethanol and veryy aggressive tune. golf r have a better valve train and bigger turbo so they can make alot more but they also loose due to awd.. NOW a GTI with a golf R turbo(direct 4 bolt swap) are High way monster.. they consistently trap above 118mph up to 123mph at the 1/4m

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you're ever in California, you can try to go against my IS350. A recent run I did, 0 to 60 in 5 seconds: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oXygLhumcqtB9guCA

I've beaten a 2.0t GTI from a dig, I could probably take a Golf R from a dig, but I don't know about a roll. I'm not going to try and find out :)
I wouldn't hold your breath on that! Stock Golf R's with DSG can hit 60 in 4.2ish seconds. Your IS looks closer to 5.2-5.3 in that vid.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't hold your breath on that! Stock Golf R's with DSG can hit 60 in 4.2ish seconds. Your IS looks closer to 5.2-5.3 in that vid.
It's 5 seconds even. Also I never used the word "beat". Keep up would be a better word. I believe the Golf R has more HP, torque and is lighter and the DSG is more advanced than the current 6 speed auto I have in the IS

Now a 2.0t GTI I "beat"

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
they are not that fast stock...and i come form a long line of vw audi,, err mostly audi. They are very melow and undetuned. Real world scenario best of 10 times ,they'd hit 4.5s maybe 5 of out 10 times. A decent car even if sedan with 300hp rwd and similar weight could end it!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
they are not that fast stock...and i come form a long line of vw audi,, err mostly audi. They are very melow and undetuned. Real world scenario best of 10 times ,they'd hit 4.5s maybe 5 of out 10 times. A decent car even if sedan with 300hp rwd and similar weight could end it!
Well I will take your word on it. The last VW I owned was an 86 GTI. Fun car, but expensive to maintain and problematic. Don't get me started
Sponsored