Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Hey guys. A lady hit me at the gas station about month ago. I have been putting it off but I need to repair it. I did a bit of research but I have been finding alot of stuff about scratch removal and I dont know what would be best for this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hate seeing this every time I wash my car. :'(

Honda Civic 10th gen Got a little fender bender.. :( 20190311_152208

Honda Civic 10th gen Got a little fender bender.. :( 20190311_152141

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Should I try to sand it with 3000 grit then 5000 and then polish it or maybe just try to polish it first?

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have some questions in addition to some answers. If the lady hit you why didn't you make a claim with her insurance carrier? You can't let things like this slide otherwise they will keep doing it and thinking they can be let go. I had an issue where a lady rear ended me and she didn't have insurance and tried to lie out of it. The police ended up giving me her info after I found out she lied so my insurance is going after her. I'm sure they must've sent her to collections as I got a letter from a collection firm that indicated they were trying to extract money from them.

I have sanded and polished a little fender bender before and due to lack of experience, the scratch was gone but you could tell there was something off in that area verses the rest unless it got soaked by water. Better to get it done at the shop imo.
Sponsored