Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
Yes, they do fit and the look is better than the chrome lugs (IMO) even though you can see the brushed stainless finish from off center angles. The car is at the shop this week getting painted (removing the civic emblem on back pulled off paint), so I'll get pictures when I return from work travel on Friday.
Just wondering if your order for the regular lugs got changed. I just got an update to mine, now it says processing. Guessing they got it in stock now and don't need to wait for November?
Sponsored

OP
OP
J35W2

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wondering if your order for the regular lugs got changed. I just got an update to mine, now it says processing. Guessing they got it in stock now and don't need to wait for November?
Thanks for the heads up! Yes, I actually got 2 updates this morning; one noting that the order has changed to processing and another noting that the order was "dispatched". I also received a message from DHL that the package is on the way. Great news! The locks only took a few days to arrive, so I should have them installed & will upload pics early next week (if not this Friday.)

OP
OP
J35W2

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Black lugs will be delivered by EOD this Friday, so I will install & post pics Friday night. Funny the lugs/locks get here in 2 days from England. I ordered a Gorilla set of Chrome lugs/locks from CarID & they didnt even ship in 8 days (cancelled the order.)

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
Black lugs will be delivered by EOD this Friday, so I will install & post pics Friday night. Funny the lugs/locks get here in 2 days from England. I ordered a Gorilla set of Chrome lugs/locks from CarID & they didnt even ship in 8 days (cancelled the order.)
nice! mine says Monday. can't wait to see your pics

OP
OP
J35W2

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aight. Black lugs came in today. Sorry for the dirty car, weak pics as I just got back from work travel all week & just picked up 1637 from the painter. For me this is night & day. Chrome lugs on black wheels is crazy tacky & inflames my OCD (kind of like you guys that cringe to see amber side markers.)

I'll get'er cleaned up this weekend, take some good pics & start a new thread with all the info on these this weekend, but until then:

Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks Lugs 1
Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks Lugs 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks Before
Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks After 1
Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks After 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks After 3
Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks After 4
Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks After 5

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Aight. Black lugs came in today. Sorry for the dirty car, weak pics as I just got back from work travel all week & just picked up 1637 from the painter. For me this is night & day. Chrome lugs on black wheels is crazy tacky & inflames my OCD (kind of like you guys that cringe to see amber side markers.)

I'll get'er cleaned up this weekend, take some good pics & start a new thread with all the info on these this weekend, but until then:

Lugs 1.jpg
Lugs 2.jpg
Before.jpg
After 1.jpg
After 2.jpg
After 3.jpg
After 4.jpg
After 5.jpg
Damn that looks good! Gotta semi chub from how great that looks! Im imagining them on my car! And yes I'm one of those guys who's OCD kicked in hard over the Amber side markers.. lol thanks

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
Nice @J35W2! Just got mine in today, 3 days early. Gonna put mine on in a few days. Pic for reference, I think someone asked if had 16 or 20. This set comes with 20 so if u don't need wheel locks, u have a full set.

Honda Civic 10th gen Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks 20170714_120855

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
I'm talking to a wheel manufacturer, and just want to reconfirm that the ball seat radius is 13mm for the CTR wheels?
I thought it was 13mm. I think it's 14mm radius. Sorry. I think this means it is essentially the same as an old Porsche 993 lug nut.

Last edited:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I thought it was 13mm. It's 14mm radius. Sorry. I think this means it is essentially the same as an old Porsche 993 lug nut.
Really? I'm going to have to check this weekend. I've got loads of those somewhere because they have a limited racing life (Porsche gives a spec on how long each bit of the car will last in endurance racing. The Porsche forged Aluminium lug nuts were a one (endurance) race item.) BTW, the same nuts work on all Porsches (that don't use bolts) all the way back to 1930's VW's - and if you want the ultimate, then Titanium (grade 5 - 6AL 4V) nuts are readily available in black and, well, Ti.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really? I'm going to have to check this weekend. I've got loads of those somewhere because they have a limited racing life (Porsche gives a spec on how long each bit of the car will last in endurance racing. The Porsche forged Aluminium lug nuts were a one (endurance) race item.) BTW, the same nuts work on all Porsches (that don't use bolts) all the way back to 1930's VW's - and if you want the ultimate, then Titanium (grade 5 - 6AL 4V) nuts are readily available in black and, well, Ti.
I think. Should have said that.

Hard to tell for sure but the NSX (which is a lug bolt now) is 14mm radius for sure and also 14x1.5 so I'm thinking it is the same. It "looks" like 14mm but seeing the difference between 13mm and 14mm with my eyes is near impossible. I have a bunch of the old Porsche lugs too so could compare, but don't have a good gauge to check them for certain. I'll see if I can find some radius gauges.

Yeah... I thought about saying pre-996 Porsche, but didn't.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK. Biggest radius gauge I have is 1/2". Annoying. However, it does allow me to compare the Porsche to the CTR nut much better by eye and the radius does look the same. I'm 99% sure it is a 14mm radius. I hate not having the right tools!

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I thought it was 13mm. I think it's 14mm radius. Sorry. I think this means it is essentially the same as an old Porsche 993 lug nut.
I ended up ordering conical seat anyway, hahaha. It was the easier route and LOTS of black lug bolt and wheel lock options.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
They look very nice. ETA was october/november and you guys have them already. I am glad it's 20 nuts in total.

RedR

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type R, 2016 Lexus GS 350, 2016 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all. mine should be arrive next Monday.

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the info guys.
Just ordered locks and nuts from UK. It seems now everything is in stock. Paid 198.30 UK Pound shipped (about $264 shipped)
Sponsored

Last edited: