Gorilla Black Lugs/Locks

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I spoke with Jon Collier, the National Sales Manager for Gorilla Automotive, and he indicated that there will likely not be enough business to produce a black locking system for the CTR in the 14mm x 1.5 size. They do have that size in a chrome finish, just no plans to develop a black option. I told him there would be lots of interested folks & maybe even a group buy, but he said the volume just wouldn't be there. He said it might change in the future, so maybe interested folks should start sending requests on their web site? Just an idea. I'm starting to wonder if Honda has any plans to offer a black lug & lock set...

Couldn't find any reference to it on the Honda UK site for the CTR either. If anybody knows of one, please let us know. The chrome lugs on the black wheels it triggering my OCD, big time.
Sponsored

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Slightly off topic but do wheels for Honda have different type of lug seats? With my Audi, I have two different kinds: OEMs tend to require spherical-seat lugs while aftermarket wheels tend to utilize cone-seat lugs.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
oem honda are ball seat
I think Honda's ball seat has a 13mm radius like Audi (nuts vs bolts though). Porsche has a 14mm radius so even though they're ball seat they're not the same. BMW and most aftermarket are 60 degree conical. Be very careful with this. It is important to use the right lugs with the right wheels as they can fall off if they're not right. If you buy aftermarket wheels, make sure to confirm the lug seats.

The black XL lug nuts above are 12 mm diameter thread so won't work if CTR is 14x1.5.

Honda's new 14x1.5 with the 13 mm radius ball seat is rare indeed so I'm not surprised by Gorilla's response. Old air-cooled Porsches used a 14x1.5 ball seat (and they were nuts back then, not bolts like now) but I'm pretty sure the radius of the ball seat was 14mm, not 13mm so they won't work.

Last edited:

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think Honda's ball seat has a 13mm radius like Audi (nuts vs bolts though). Porsche has a 14mm radius so even though they're ball seat they're not the same. BMW and most aftermarket are 60 degree conical. Be very careful with this. It is important to use the right lugs with the right wheels as they can fall off if they're not right. If you buy aftermarket wheels, make sure to confirm the lug seats.

The black XL lug nuts above are 12 mm diameter thread so won't work if CTR is 14x1.5.

Honda's new 14x1.5 with the 13 mm radius ball seat is rare indeed so I'm not surprised by Gorilla's response. Old air-cooled Porsches used a 14x1.5 ball seat (and they were nuts back then, not bolts like now) but I'm pretty sure the radius of the ball seat was 14mm, not 13mm so they won't work.
Dude. Both 12 and 14mm options are listed in my image. What are you talking about.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems like anything by gorilla is 60 degrees

OP
OP
J35W2

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gorilla makes a Honda ball seat lug/lock in the 14mm x 1.5 for the Odyssey & Ridgeline, it's just chrome. No black in that configuration.
Sponsored