google assistant unresponsive on android auto

teslarocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS
Country flag
I have 2016 honda civic with android auto. my phone is samsung galaxy s7 edge. when i press the assistant button on my steering wheel, the assistant opens up with its blinking lights , however it does not respond to my voice. the lights just stays open forever until i press cancel or hit the button again. i have reinstalled android auto but in vain. it was working fine earlier . i can confirm that my car's microphone is working
Sponsored

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 2016 honda civic with android auto. my phone is samsung galaxy s7 edge. when i press the assistant button on my steering wheel, the assistant opens up with its blinking lights , however it does not respond to my voice. the lights just stays open forever until i press cancel or hit the button again. i have reinstalled android auto but in vain. it was working fine earlier . i can confirm that my car's microphone is working
I also started having issues with my android auto in the last few days. It will freeze up the whole screen or become slow or unresponsive. It seems the only way to fix it (for me) is to disconnect and reconnect the phone. This is a pain and seems counter-intuitive to the whole hands-free driving experience.

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Try uninstalling all the Google updates and then reinstalling it.

To do this, go into your App settings, and find Google. There should be an option to uninstall. I cleared out my Google data/cache too.

Then just go back to play store to reinstall all the updates.

It should fix your problem, had this happen to me a few time.

Crzymazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ext
Country flag
We're you ever able to find a solution to this? I've gone through a few phones and haven't found any way to fix this. Seems like it's either Google software or Honda software related.
Sponsored