Goodyear Exhilirate VS Michelin A/S 3+

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I'm looking at buying one set of these tires. Sam's Club has a pretty great deal! The Goodyears are 675 with installation and the Michelin's are 835 with installation.

I do hear great things about the Michelin but they can have uneven wear tread and may not last very long. The Goodyears are new to the market. Tire Track's testing puts them pretty close to Michelin's.

Anyone have any recommendation?

They'll mostly be used for DD and maybe a track day
Sponsored

Travis.o

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Goodyear Exhilirate VS Michelin A/S 3+ 388ADF94-1F87-4871-A6BE-72012B20FC2E
I'm looking at buying one set of these tires. Sam's Club has a pretty great deal! The Goodyears are 675 with installation and the Michelin's are 835 with installation.

I do hear great things about the Michelin but they can have uneven wear tread and may not last very long. The Goodyears are new to the market. Tire Track's testing puts them pretty close to Michelin's.

The continental dws06 are very good on a daily driver they are a great all around tire they are rated for 50k miles and have great reviews they are what I am running to

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I've got AS3+, so far pretty good with 3k on them.

bourdal

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Camaro
Country flag
The Michelin and Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires are not snow-rated, but both brands claim the capability in handling light snow conditions. Based on consumer surveys on Tire Rack, the A/S 3+ has the highest approval rating for snow/winter performance. The Michelin tires received good grades, while Goodyear’s Eagle Exhilarate was at the bottom with a fair rating.

Last edited:

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I've owned the Michelin PS4S A/S for 18 months. Living in North Florida, I've never driven them in snow ... so I can't comment on snow performance.

What I can say is that the PS4S A/S is about 5 dB quieter than the stock Goodyears. The Michelins have never hudroplaned in heavy rain or standing water.

My Michelin's are wearing perfectly even, and are rotated at each and every oil change, and are maintained at Honda recommend air pressures.

I know nothing about the new GoodYears, but from my experience, the Michelin's are a solid purchase. Yep, a bit more pricey ... but I've never regretted spending that money!
Sponsored