First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve enjoyed the Si, but Carmax made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, so decided to take my mid life crisis a few years early...

Honda Civic 10th gen Goodbye Si, hello Miata D6CB92D0-A926-41A5-BA4E-CA2C5E7FEE98

‘21 Miata Club with the literally named BBS/Brembo Recaro package. Got it for a hair under $35k OTD.

The Si was a good “compromise” for fun +practicality and the Miata is pure fun.

It’ll be my daily, drove to work top down at 38 degrees and with the seat heaters + heat blowing it was very comfortable in just a jacket.

Happy driving everybody.
Sponsored

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I’ve enjoyed the Si, but Carmax made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, so decided to take my mid life crisis a few years early...

D6CB92D0-A926-41A5-BA4E-CA2C5E7FEE98.jpeg

‘21 Miata Club with the literally named BBS/Brembo Recaro package. Got it for a hair under $35k OTD.

The Si was a good “compromise” for fun +practicality and the Miata is pure fun.

It’ll be my daily, drove to work top down at 38 degrees and with the seat heaters + heat blowing it was very comfortable in just a jacket.

Happy driving everybody.
Enjoy! I miss my ND, but can’t beat the hatch for practicability with an occasional fun twisty.
I’ll grab another ND soon though

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Big upgrade. Those cars are sweet.

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Great color and fun cars! Unfortunately at 6 foot 2 I cannot fit comfortably enough to own one as a daily driver. ☹
Congrats, and enjoy your MX-5!

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
They are awesome cars. I have a 2020 ND and I would take it 9 out of ten times compared to my CTR.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
They are awesome cars. I have a 2020 ND and I would take it 9 out of ten times compared to my CTR.
Interesting. I've found myself wanting to get one, but I'm worried that after dailying my CTR for 2 years, the looser steering feedback and lower power output of the Miata would be too difficult to adjust to.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. I've found myself wanting to get one, but I'm worried that after dailying my CTR for 2 years, the looser steering feedback and lower power output of the Miata would be too difficult to adjust to.
I wouldn't say the ND's steering is looser compared to the CTR. It's actually very communicative paired with a more mechanical (no cables) shifter. Take an extended test drive or rent one (6MT) via Turo and see for yourself. The lack of power is compensated by its lighter weight and healthy amount of low-end torque. The body roll (factory suspension setup) may take some getting used to (from a CTR owner's standpoint) but can be dialed in with a plethora of aftermarket shocks/springs/sway bars. TBH, the ND is fantastic as a second car, not so much as the only car in the family for practicality reasons.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
The Miata’s responsiveness makes up for the power difference. To me, it actually makes the CTR feel kind of mundane in comparison.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
When I first read the title I immediately thought the NA then I got disappointed because it's the ND. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong wit the NDs I just like the pop up headlights of the NA and how there's a lot of potential in them lol

OP
OP
jimmyreal

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the steering feedback is on par with a ZHP optioned E46. I can’t speak for the ND1 (‘16-‘18 models) tho.

It goes fast enough... 0-60 in 5.7 but straight ain’t the point.

It’s fun. 45 min lemme run to the store fun. 200 miles of backroads on the way home from a work trip 110 miles away fun.

I definitely recommend testing one that has the Recaro/Brembo/BBS package and that’s ‘19 or newer. The package seats are much grip pier and the ‘19 up has the revamped engine, transmission, and suspension.

OP
OP
jimmyreal

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alternatively, $50k + a donor car gets you a 525hp V8 Miata.
Sponsored