Goodbye Honda family!

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Haven't posted here in a while as life has taken us in a whole new direction with the introduction of a small fussy crybaby into our lives. We needed the extra room and safety of a car that wasn't at eye level with every other SUV around here.

My wife and I got really good trade in offers for our pair of 2017 civic's and we traded up to a pair of fully loaded premium plus CX-50 turbo's. We cross shopped with a Rav4 (marshmallow), CRV (turnip), outback XT (potato), and Q5 ($$$). In the end, the design of the new CX-50's really made it an emotional purchase. The car is almost station wagon like and the wheel arches are so flared out that the body is almost flush with the side mirrors.

Really enjoying the CX-50's. The 320 ft-lbs of torque gives it great acceleration at on-ramps, especially for a car that weighs almost 1000 pounds more. With the 245/45R18 tires, it handles like a slightly heavier civic with heavier steering. It definitely feels more car like than most SUV's. I was getting 28-29mpg in the Civic during aggressive highway driving, the same driving at the same speeds in the CX-50 is around 21-22mpg.

We loved our Honda's over the past 5 years and 160000 miles in them but between the small size, road noise, lack of rear AC vents, it was time to move on. I really miss our civics. They always punched above their class in terms of performance and reliability. Good honest cars that will always remind me of simpler carefree times.

This community has been great for all kinds of advice on common every day issues and maintenance. Farewell. Maybe one day, we'll come back to the Honda family.

Honda Civic 10th gen Goodbye Honda family! 20220909_185225
Honda Civic 10th gen Goodbye Honda family! 20220912_180833
Honda Civic 10th gen Goodbye Honda family! 20220913_064541

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
You guys really like to drive the same cars huh? I've noticed that before where a house likes a car so much they have two.

My wife just moved up to a RAV4 hybrid, not the most fun but super efficient and reliable.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
You guys really like to drive the same cars huh? I've noticed that before where a house likes a car so much they have two.

My wife just moved up to a RAV4 hybrid, not the most fun but super efficient and reliable.
It's more so because we tend to switch cars a lot and it's just easier. Also, we both happened to have cars we love. That RAV4 hybrid is sweet. We were looking at those but between the $4000 markups and 4-8 week lead times, it was a tough sell. We did the math and the CX-50 is $2500 a year extra in gas but life's short lol.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's more so because we tend to switch cars a lot and it's just easier. Also, we both happened to have cars we love. That RAV4 hybrid is sweet. We were looking at those but between the $4000 markups and 4-8 week lead times, it was a tough sell. We did the math and the CX-50 is $2500 a year extra in gas but life's short lol.
We got lucky, our RAV4 was on the boat to NYC and was incorrectly marked as sold so we got it in 8 days.

I got it for MSRP + $1900 in dealer options

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
We got lucky, our RAV4 was on the boat to NYC and was incorrectly marked as sold so we got it in 8 days.

I got it for MSRP + $1900 in dealer options
How did u get a car that the system marked as already sold?

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
We have a new little one (well he's almost 2 now) and I moved over the SI sedan when I bought while she was pregnant and we just replaced her older Rav 4. We looked at the Mazda's, Rav4, CRV's and everything in the category but ultimately landed on a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. Couldn't really beat it at the price (minimal markup) along with all the options you get with the full digital dash/full pano moonroof ext. Went with the blue color. I do like those CX-50's though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Goodbye Honda family! Tuscon

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How did u get a car that the system marked as already sold?
Apparently they had a salesman that would mark cars sold that weren't so no one else could take them. He was fired but the hold was still there.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Love the Cx-50s! Went to trade in my wife’s 2021 CX-5 over the summer for one of them but the prices were OUTRAGEOUS so I passed and just kept my current lease

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
We have a new little one (well he's almost 2 now) and I moved over the SI sedan when I bought while she was pregnant and we just replaced her older Rav 4. We looked at the Mazda's, Rav4, CRV's and everything in the category but ultimately landed on a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. Couldn't really beat it at the price (minimal markup) along with all the options you get with the full digital dash/full pano moonroof ext. Went with the blue color. I do like those CX-50's though.

Tuscon.jpg
Sweet ride, I really want to get a hybrid next time. My first tank in the turbo got 20mpg lol.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Apparently they had a salesman that would mark cars sold that weren't so no one else could take them. He was fired but the hold was still there.
Hahaha, why would they do that if he's still moving cars anyway.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Love the Cx-50s! Went to trade in my wife’s 2021 CX-5 over the summer for one of them but the prices were OUTRAGEOUS so I passed and just kept my current lease
Where do u live? There's a list of dealers on Reddit with no mark-up. We got ours with no mark-up. The sales person said the lower level trims had markups but no one was buying the high level trims (prices too close to luxury brands) so they didn't put markups on them.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where do u live? There's a list of dealers on Reddit with no mark-up. We got ours with no mark-up. The sales person said the lower level trims had markups but no one was buying the high level trims (prices too close to luxury brands) so they didn't put markups on them.
Westchester, NY, but I wanted to lease and it was so much more a month than my current cx-5 which I just could not comprehend as the MSRPs are so close.. I’m talking like 200 dollars more

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Westchester, NY, but I wanted to lease and it was so much more a month than my current cx-5 which I just could not comprehend as the MSRPs are so close.. I’m talking like 200 dollars more
How much are they leasing for?

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much are they leasing for?
With zero down, 670 for 36 month, 10k
Now that I went back and looked, that’s a crack pipe price, my current is 389 for a GT Reserve Turbo

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
With zero down, 670 for 36 month, 10k
Now that I went back and looked, that’s a crack pipe price, my current is 389 for a GT Reserve Turbo
Hooooly crap. That price is whack.

We paid $44k and $47k for ours, respectively. If we safely assume they're each worth $22k in 5 years, then we would've paid $47k for 5 years of use, or $391 a month, which reasonably is what your lease is. $670 is way too much.
Sponsored