Goodbye 10th gen family

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw the video. The Mazda 6 is a nice car, but here in China it is not available with manual transmission so I never considered it, especially because the most popular engine is the 2.0 NA 158 hp, which is really too slow for such a big sedan and the 2.5 becomes pricey.
Sponsored

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
i literally made the exact opposite switch lol, I was so over my mazda 6 it had way too many issues and i wanted something more reliable and more sporty to drive haha

20171128_185702.jpg
What were the issues with the Mazda6? It's only fair we hear both sides of the stories in this thread!

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What were the issues with the Mazda6? It's only fair we hear both sides of the stories in this thread!
had alot of tranny issues with the car, got shitty gas milleage, i actually pay less with my civic SI on premium then i did on my mazda with regualr.. lol saving money. Interior parts were falling off left and right with no abuse done, the passenger side vanity mirror cover the spring broke, the e brake button randomly broke off one day, so i had to shove my finger in there to get the e brake off, valve cover gasket broke leaking oil into the spark plugs, the rotors constantly were getting warped, while being easy on the brakes, not sure what was wrong with that braking system on that car, it was just a disaster and a half and on top of all that i couldnt get out of it for the longest time becuase the value of the car flew down so quickly on the car, i actually put 2k of negative equity into the SI. it was the perfect ending... as i was driving to the dealership after everything was already said and done and the car was appriased, my sunglass holder fell off randomly, the dealer never noticed.. it was just an auction car for them.. to say the least i will never buy another mazda again.. or atleast it would have to be a lot of convincing. I have drove the new one and it drives nice, but i do look the power and handling of the civic a lot more

JakeTheSnake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Have fun paying for premium gas to get the most performance from the 6.

The Accord will still beat it and is a much, much better car.
Premium is like $2 more per fill up, I have an SI 2017 and i pay maybe $2.50 more per fill up, plus premium is better for your engine...

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
As someone who owned a turbo Mazdaspeed 6 in my 20's, I can say that the 2.3L turbo AWD on the Mazdaspeed 6 is definitely an Civic X ass-kicker (excluding the new TypeR). For a 2006 Mazda, it was very well built and top notch interior/exterior quality. However, dual-clutch engagement was choppy and there were a lot of turbo leaks all over the forums. I had my turbo and clutch flywheel replaced under warranty within 3 years. No wonder they only produced that car for 2 years and stopped production. Glad to hear they are attempting to bring back a turbo 6 for 2018 and hopefully all the kinks and problems are sorted out...it was fun while it lasted!

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As someone who owned a turbo Mazdaspeed 6 in my 20's, I can say that the 2.3L turbo AWD on the Mazdaspeed 6 is definitely an Civic X ass-kicker (excluding the new TypeR). For a 2006 Mazda, it was very well built and top notch interior/exterior quality. However, dual-clutch engagement was choppy and there were a lot of turbo leaks all over the forums. I had my turbo and clutch flywheel replaced under warranty within 3 years. No wonder they only produced that car for 2 years and stopped production. Glad to hear they are attempting to bring back a turbo 6 for 2018 and hopefully all the kinks and problems are sorted out...it was fun while it lasted!
That Mazda speed 6 was one bad ass car, I hope one day they bring it back