Goodbye 10th gen family

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
sorry to hear you had to bail due to crappy honda service. both my civic x mt's have and were excellent shifting transmissions. the 2.0 i had, really drove nice, the turbo on the other hand requires a tune just to drive normal.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few years ago I'd been eyeing either a Mazda3 or 6 off and on. Still think they're nice.

The updated '18 Mazda6 with the new 2.0T (finally Mazda) is ridiculously impressive.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking forward to their HCCI(?) engine that oughta make it into a 6 eventually. Looks like it'll start in the 3 in '19. Lot of good buzz about it.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
No way would I ever trade my Si for a Mazda. I don't see the interior being nicer. Maybe compared to the base civics it is, because the base interior is pretty shit honestly.
I had a Mazda 3 at one point. Nothing but electrical issues and rust. Will never buy another one again.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
That '18 Mazda6 sure does look sweet! Econo cars have come a long way. I used to see them for what they were, econo boxes. But they've raised the quality so much, I now expect something nice.

I test drove a 2.5l 6-speed Mazda 3 hatch before deciding on the Si. I definitely see the appeal. It was a fun test drive. I overcooked a left turn and could hear the tires chirping, crying for grip. I wasn't even going that fast! It was a predictable slide, easy to correct. But alas, the motor felt weak and still thought the Si was better looking and could have more fun with it.

Congrats and good luck OP!

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
Nice trade! Enjoy

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Before I bought my Civic Touring I looked at the top of the line Mazda 3. Was not crazy about the interior and odd placement for the nav screen. I'm sure the 6 is nicer but I didn't even look at one as I thought the 6 is better compared to the Accord.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Before I bought my Civic Touring I looked at the top of the line Mazda 3. Was not crazy about the interior and odd placement for the nav screen. I'm sure the 6 is nicer but I didn't even look at one as I thought the 6 is better compared to the Accord.
The screen is the ugliest part about the interior imo. Reminds me of a childs leapfrog tablet or something just sitting there on top of the dash. Whoever thought this was a good idea is clearly stupid.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The screen is the ugliest part about the interior imo. Reminds me of a childs leapfrog tablet or something just sitting there on top of the dash. Whoever thought this was a good idea is clearly stupid.
Funny you mention that. I comparison shopped a Mazda 3 to my '15 SI. Between the lackluster engine and that stupid stuck on tablet that wrecked the flow of an otherwise above average interior flow... I might have been swayed. The N/A Mazdas are willing and make ok sounds but kind of gutless. That screen though...

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Funny you mention that. I comparison shopped a Mazda 3 to my '15 SI. Between the lackluster engine and that stupid stuck on tablet that wrecked the flow of an otherwise above average interior flow... I might have been swayed. The N/A Mazdas are willing and make ok sounds but kind of gutless. That screen though...
Lol, yes the screen is horrible. Let's not forget the Mazdas seem like a girls car. 9 times out of 10 a chick is driving one. Keep an eye out and you'll see lol.

ClearKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Lol, yes the screen is horrible. Let's not forget the Mazdas seem like a girls car. 9 times out of 10 a chick is driving one. Keep an eye out and you'll see lol.
Oh man, if this is true, I better show up to the next Mazda meet-up then. Meet me a nice Mazda babe.

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
The clutch and shifted in the Civic X SUUUCK, and my clutch was slipping because of my ECU reflash. I wanted a more solid feeling car with a nicer interior too. I've liked the Mazda brand for a while, and the 6 drives pretty damn well for a bigger car.
You would have loved the CVT. It is so smooth and you don't feel the shifts and yet it behaves like an automatic. Yeah it tugs at you at low speeds but it's harmless.

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You would have loved the CVT. It is so smooth and you don't feel the shifts and yet it behaves like an automatic. Yeah it tugs at you at low speeds but it's harmless.
I would have been bored out of my mind driving a CVT
Sponsored