Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
I would have been bored out of my mind driving a CVT
Bored but only off the line which is a microcosm of all the dynamics available. Relaxed and generally more calm too since you don't have to worry about bursting blood vessels in your head everytime you come to a halt.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
How's the build quality? Comfort? Noise levels? Ride quality?

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Build quality is awesome, especially on the interior. And the exterior panels aren't all misaligned like my Civic. The doors feel/sound pretty solid too. I'm about 1100 miles through a 1600 mile road trip this weekend and it's very comfortable. The road noise is very low if it's a smooth surface but you really hear rough roads. Ride quality is a bit stiff but I don't mind, because it handles very well.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Build quality is awesome, especially on the interior. And the exterior panels aren't all misaligned like my Civic. The doors feel/sound pretty solid too. I'm about 1100 miles through a 1600 mile road trip this weekend and it's very comfortable. The road noise is very low if it's a smooth surface but you really hear rough roads. Ride quality is a bit stiff but I don't mind, because it handles very well.
You had misaligned panels on your civic? Both of ours are perfect except for the grand canyon wide panel gaps.

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You had misaligned panels on your civic? Both of ours are perfect except for the grand canyon wide panel gaps.
The read quarter panels didn't line up with the panel underneath the doors very well, and the window moldings were hilariously misaligned

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I love my 16 Civic EX-T, but when the lease is up in a year and a half or so, I think new Honda Accord is the path to take. Even the base LX model is surprising well equipped (even with Sensing) with even a slight bump in power vs my EX-T. That being said, I have zero complaints and zero issues with my EX-T at over 20k miles.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few years ago I'd been eyeing either a Mazda3 or 6 off and on. Still think they're nice.

The updated '18 Mazda6 with the new 2.0T (finally Mazda) is ridiculously impressive.
I was looking at it as it seemed interesting. Sadly (at least to me), what I've read shows you can only get a manual on the N/A. Auto only on the 2.5t. At least that's from cars.com

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
You made a good choice, but you jumped from the civic class to the accord class. Did you wanted a bigger car? Have more passengers?
If you would have said i switched to the mazda3, I would have asked why?

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if i ever traded my civic sport it be for the new Nissan maxima SR seen one at the dealer the other day and the car looked great

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nissan's lineup is long in the tooth. Their VQs used to be a mainstay on Wards best engine list. It got mildly revised for more fuel economy recently... but, as much as I love it, it's old stuff. I think that's the only reason got back on the list. The Altima used to be great and is pretty much panned today. I never thought I'd see the day the Malibu was reviewed more favorably. In the early 00s when the Malibu was a clunky rental fleet queen (they made extra years of the 'classic' just for rentals) and Renault had gotten ahold of Nissan and turned them around from their 90s tailspin... the Altima got their first VQs and seemed amazing.

The 370z has been soldering on since '09 with it's powertrain unchanged. It in itself was an incremental step up from the HR 350z of 07-08. Their VR looks to be interesting. I'm still hoping for a new 300zx with the 3.0 VR that makes 400 hp as a twin turbo.

Plus, I always thought the VQ was best at the displacement of it's VG roots... around a 3.0. There were some 3.3s but 3.0 is where it was at.

I just find it hard to get excited about anything Nissan makes. The GTR is great and all... but I'd never spend that much money on a car.

Last edited:

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would have been bored out of my mind driving a CVT

I'm lazy but not to the point where I would get a vehicle WITHOUT some type of manual control like Paddle Shiftters, Tiptronic, etc.

My boy has the 2017 Sedan Touring and regrets it that he thought about trading it in for a Hatchback just to get the Paddle Shifters.

Financially, it didn't make sense.
Sponsored