Good to know the CTR can take a mechanical overrev...

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
a major mechanical over rev like that is hard on an engine; even tho it didn't blow up right then (honda motors are good! if that was a bmw or porsche it probably would have bent all the valves), it certainly took some life out of the engine. smart move would be to replace all the valve springs and retainers and keepers, and replace the rod bolts (I bet they stretched).

the TTS has so many advantages in this 'races' its comical. first its damp and the audi is awd. no chance for the fwds in a dig. secondly the TTS has a very good DSG gearbox; again the honda with the traditional manual is giving up a tenth every single shift. now don't get me wrong one of the reasons i bought my CTR was for the manual gearbox!!! but in the real world a good DSG or PDK trans is always faster/better. it's just not more fun lol! :)
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I love both my Type R and my 6 speed manual 2013 TT RS. Best of both worlds!

ÈMBÖ3

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
a major mechanical over rev like that is hard on an engine; even tho it didn't blow up right then (honda motors are good! if that was a bmw or porsche it probably would have bent all the valves), it certainly took some life out of the engine. smart move would be to replace all the valve springs and retainers and keepers, and replace the rod bolts (I bet they stretched).

the TTS has so many advantages in this 'races' its comical. first its damp and the audi is awd. no chance for the fwds in a dig. secondly the TTS has a very good DSG gearbox; again the honda with the traditional manual is giving up a tenth every single shift. now don't get me wrong one of the reasons i bought my CTR was for the manual gearbox!!! but in the real world a good DSG or PDK trans is always faster/better. it's just not more fun lol! :)
might be an old thread but I was interested in your reply, do you think it’s really necessary to replace the valve spring retainers and keepers?
I just did money shift my ctr the other day and I’m kinda getting paranoid.
no lights came on, car still pulls hard but didn’t get a compression test

the only thing that I am kinda sure is different since then is a little tapping sound right on 1400 rpm, it’s not the injectors ticking and it’snot a knocking sound, it’s thocker than ticking and smoother than knocking.
And it’s kinda making me worried.
many advise will be appreciated.
Sponsored