Good or best car audio shop in Ontario/GTA?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport - Honda Sensing
Country flag
Hey guys,

Do you know any of the best or at least a very knowledgeable competent car audio shop in Ontario? I’m from Hamilton but will literally drive anywhere in Ontario/GTA for the right guy.

I have a 2017 civic hatchback sport with Honda Sensing. I’m looking to get all new speakers, an amp, a sub, and headunit if that’s even possible.

I basically need a guy who’ll know how to rehookip all of the Honda Sensing, climate, and backup camera stuff if I get a new headunit. If getting a new headunit isn’t possible at this time then i need a guy who’ll know how to tweak the factory stereo to work beautifully with new speakers a sub and an amp.

Do you guys also have any advice on this? Is it even possible to get a new headunit and retain every feature including Honda Sensing? The fact that i can’t fast forward a song using the bar on the screen in CarPlay and the fact that a stock stereo might throttle a new speaker setup doesn’t sit well with me. If you have to leave the stock stereo in, isn’t there a piece of equipment or something that resets the factory stereo to work good with aftermarket speakers etc?
Sponsored

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You won't be able to change the head unit. You'll break the car if you try, since everything is tied into that unit. No aftermarket unit is going to be able to tap into the car's settings.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You won't be able to change the head unit. You'll break the car if you try, since everything is tied into that unit. No aftermarket unit is going to be able to tap into the car's settings.
Gotcha. If i just change change the speakers then, add a sub and amp wasn’t there some sort of device/software that unequalizes and makes the factory stereo work with them?

Also, you happen to know of any good audio shops?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also just saw this thread man what are your thoughts?

http://www.civicx.com/threads/9-aftermarket-android-head-unit-feature-overview-installation.17034/

Looks like the guy got a headunit to work with functions intact. I’m not looking to get a random brand headunit from China but do u think bigger name brands will eventually make integrated headunits?

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also just saw this thread man what are your thoughts?

http://www.civicx.com/threads/9-aftermarket-android-head-unit-feature-overview-installation.17034/

Looks like the guy got a headunit to work with functions intact. I’m not looking to get a random brand headunit from China but do u think bigger name brands will eventually make integrated headunits?
That was installed on an LX trim. In the US, the LX trim uses a different much more basic headunit, which does not include Honda Sensing. The Sport hatchback in the US is a much lower trim than the Canadian Sport - it has the basic headunit, no Sensing available, no moonroof.

I'd be curious if that would be possible to integrate Honda Sensing. As a unit coming from China not from a big name manufacturer, I wonder how well it would even work. But if something goes wrong with any of your Honda Sensing, you would probably be denied warranty coverage.

Last edited:

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In April I'll be going back to AUTO links. I got both of my tints done and dash cam. The sell JL Audio so it's the shop I trust.

BTW, they also do vinyl wrap. Getting it all done in Spring.

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring SGP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In April I'll be going back to AUTO links. I got both of my tints done and dash cam. The sell JL Audio so it's the shop I trust.

BTW, they also do vinyl wrap. Getting it all done in Spring.
They don't do vinyl wrap anymore. I just went a few weeks ago.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't know I was there back in May so it's been awhile.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's either Auto Links or Audio Heaven.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic LX
Country flag
I have a 17lx hatchback and want to get a sub and a amp as well but keep the head unit? did you find a sub and amp yet? what did you get

I was looking at visions electronics and seen this is was like $100

Kicker 10" Thin Profile 4ohm 300Watt Sub with Enclosure (Reconditioned) (TCWS1043)
and amp
Hertz 300 Watt 2 Ohms D Class Mono Car Amplifier (DPOWER1) it is a mono sub amp
what do you thinl of this ?

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys,

Do you know any of the best or at least a very knowledgeable competent car audio shop in Ontario? I’m from Hamilton but will literally drive anywhere in Ontario/GTA for the right guy.

I have a 2017 civic hatchback sport with Honda Sensing. I’m looking to get all new speakers, an amp, a sub, and headunit if that’s even possible.

I basically need a guy who’ll know how to rehookip all of the Honda Sensing, climate, and backup camera stuff if I get a new headunit. If getting a new headunit isn’t possible at this time then i need a guy who’ll know how to tweak the factory stereo to work beautifully with new speakers a sub and an amp.

Do you guys also have any advice on this? Is it even possible to get a new headunit and retain every feature including Honda Sensing? The fact that i can’t fast forward a song using the bar on the screen in CarPlay and the fact that a stock stereo might throttle a new speaker setup doesn’t sit well with me. If you have to leave the stock stereo in, isn’t there a piece of equipment or something that resets the factory stereo to work good with aftermarket speakers etc?

I know it's a bit of an old post, did you ever end up getting anything done?

I kept the stock radio (for the same reasons). I added a JL Audio 500/1 monoblock + Clarion XC1420 4ch amplifier + JL audio 12W3v3-4. Will be doing the door speakers eventually.

I had everything done by the same shop I've always gone to for car audio.

Whitby Hifi, ask for Jun (pronounced June). They do great work and are pretty quick. If anything goes wrong down the line they'll fix everything promptly.

Phone number for the store: 905-493-2136

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know it's a bit of an old post, did you ever end up getting anything done?

I kept the stock radio (for the same reasons). I added a JL Audio 500/1 monoblock + Clarion XC1420 4ch amplifier + JL audio 12W3v3-4. Will be doing the door speakers eventually.

I had everything done by the same shop I've always gone to for car audio.

Whitby Hifi, ask for Jun (pronounced June). They do great work and are pretty quick. If anything goes wrong down the line they'll fix everything promptly.

Phone number for the store: 905-493-2136
Hey man, I actually haven't done anything yet. Thanks for the reccomendation though, I'll check it out.

I'm just not very knowledgeable on car audio, my last car i had the head unit, all speakers replaced, and put in a sub and amp and tweeters.. literally everything...

The thing I don't get is, if I install all new speakers, an amp, and a sub, will it be able to plug into the factory head unit correctly?

The other thing I don't get is, doesn't the factory stereo come equalized a certain way that it will mess up the sound from the new speakers? How would you even control the EQ and the sub from it? Will it cause any issues?
Sponsored