BuuZah

First Name
Aiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR Boost Blue
Country flag
Hey everyone, I have been searching for a Boost Blue CTR 2021. I wanted to ask you all what is a good price for OTD? The best deal I got so far is 46k OTD in SoCal, is this a good deal? Should I take it? I love this car and really want one but am being patient until I know the deal is reasonable. Thank you!
Sponsored

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Dont pay a dollar over msrp. It took me months to find such a deal. Be patient. Dont even bother calling dealers in CA. Ideal states to call are PA, WI and OH when looking for msrp. Dont finance through the dealer. Bring your own financing, or better yet, pay the car in full. Start saving every dollar you can. I told myself that I was going to get this car since 2016. I only finally got this year.

Honda Civic 10th gen Good deal for 2021 CTR OTD price Inkedmaga_LI

MeetThePete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R, 2005 S2000, 1985 Corolla GTS
Country flag
Agree with everything above. Don’t waste your time with CA dealers. Got my 2021 boost blue for MSRP in Ohio. OTD you’re looking at around $42.5k-$43k after taxes and fees. Save that extra $3k to invest in PPF, wheels, mods, beer whatever. Times are tough. Make sure your hard-earned money is going towards something instead of markup. Good luck with the search ?

Jwc413

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
It took me 4 years to save up a down payment for the type r. When I was finally ready to purchase I thought I wasn’t going to find one because every dealer close to me wanted $44-46k. I wanted to buy new. I was really upset at the markup every dealer was doing then 3 months later I found one at silko Honda in raynham ma for sticker price. It was well worth the wait. First thing I did with the money I saved was buy some wheels, intake, intercooler and exhaust and I’m happy af!

Honda Civic 10th gen Good deal for 2021 CTR OTD price 0B55570E-5A2A-45B5-9980-FE2145976050

Honda Civic 10th gen Good deal for 2021 CTR OTD price E4044A59-EB07-4FA0-B176-59D90314BE13

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Note that if you buy out of state, you will pay $1-3k to have it shipped. Also you will have to pay all the CA taxes and registration (regardless). Or you will have to buy a plane ticket, spend your time and food and gas to drive it back. So, is buying local worth about $1-3k to you?

It wasn't worth buying out of state for me.

Also be aware, this is the last year for this style CTR, and they are pretty close to the end of the allotment. You only have a couple more months to find this vehicle new. Your call.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the actual sales price they are offering you, before taxes? Keep in mind MSRP for Boost Blue is going to be a few hundred under 38k, it's not 35k like it was on release. Figuring your basic state tax is around 8%, you're at ~41k before dealer + DMV fees (not sure if those get taxed).

So, 46k is high figuring all of that in, but what's the breakdown of the pricing? Is it straight dealer markup or accessories? If the latter, you need to figure out if it's stuff that you want and is worth it to you.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Bought mine Hamer Honda , CA paid 3K ADM. Was going to buy out of state, but time and money wasn't worth it
Sponsored